7e93f0e8a7f0940ab37f42f6a80d40f3_S.jpg

IN the first of a new series of exclusive, in-depth and hard-hitting TV interviews, James Traynor speaks to Rangers Manager Ally McCoist and supporters will be able to watch it for free on the official Rangers website tomorrow.

For around 30 minutes, Traynor grills McCoist on a variety of topics and asks the questions Rangers fans want answers to.

In a no holds barred, and sometimes heated sit-down at Murray Park, McCoist covers a variety of topics:*

• he reveals his vision for the future of Rangers
  • he outlines his tactical philosophy
  • how he wants the new-look Light Blues to play an exciting, attacking brand of winning football that the fans of this great institution deserve
  • how new fitness coach Jim Henry will drill the players for the campaign ahead and much, much more

The manager also discusses the club's latest signings and then turns the tables on Traynor as the pair engage in a heated debate on what he had previously written about Rangers and how some people still want to have a fly kick at this 141-year old club.

It is an interview not to be missed and fans worldwide can enjoy it for free.

Watch McCoist and Traynor on your official website tomorrow.

CLUBNEWS.jpg

Read more on the official site...

Not convinced by this but should be interesting nonetheless.

We're wanting the club to communicate with us so this is one small step towards that. Some more meaningful, formal dialogue would be better though.

I dont mind this at all - if done properly it should be something relatively exciting for the fans to purchase online -

But these type of exclusives, the type fans actually want to hear, are what RFC should be doing more regularly as there will still be some willing to pay for them when they come via official club media, even though this one is free.

"In a no holds barred, and sometimes heated sit-down"

One thing I despise is someone trying to take me for a mug. Yes this may be an interesting interview but save us the build up please like some WWF match. "Here's what I'm going to ask you Ally. We have to make this look real 'cos this Rangers TV thing is what I've been brought in to get off the ground. This internet thing is all the rage now, although personally I don't think it will catch on. But anyway you have to look like I'm hitting you OK?"

"Aye OK Jim but I'm the fans pin-up so I have to come back at you and win a submission otherwise my fans wont come back, Deal?"

"Deal!"

"Let's get ready to rumble!!!!!!!!"

Just do the interview and let us decide how hard hitting it is FFS.

I'm quite interested by this. The club have a real chance to engage a support generally disillusioned by the media, but it'll need an edge. If it turns into a Govan Pravda then it'll miss its chance, but honest, no punches pulled stuff would be good. We forget that McCoist speaks well and is smarter than the average bear but I'm not sure Traynor is a TV interviewer, we'll see.

It's the "no holds barred" comment that is just plain drivel and stupid. Of course there are 'holds barred'! Who would benefit at The Club from either one of them coming out of it having lost all credibility. It aint going to be Frost v Nixon. So lose the drama please.

Words like 'strong, frank, controversial, etc' would be more apt and believable.

It's the "no holds barred" comment that is just plain drivel and stupid. Of course there are 'holds barred'! Who would benefit at The Club from either one of them coming out of it having lost all credibility. It aint going to be Frost v Nixon. So lose the drama please.

Words like 'strong, frank, controversial, etc' would be more apt and believable.

That's the second of your posts I've laughed out loud at today. I take your point, sport in particular attracts hyperbole, it's almost the default position now, I blame Sky. I blame them for many things to be fair.

To be fair, the RangersTV production of The Rising was excellent earlier this year so hopefully this will be equally good.

Sure, it's not going to me Frost v Nixon but it should be worth a watch in any case. And those involved commended for trying to listen to our criticisms.