I found Ally to be totally uninspiring. I am beginning to understand why after lousy first half performances and half time team talks that our second half performances were even worse. Ally is smashing bloke but I just wish there was something to indicate that he had the capability to be the team manager of Glasgow Rangers.

I've just finished my second viewing of the McCoist interview and I must say I am distinctly unimpressed. Ally's performance was nervous, hesitant, unsure, lacking confidence and, at times quite facile. Throughtout the interview he came acoss as defensive and unwilling to accept any valid criticism of his performance and that of the team last season - and I make those observations as one who consistently supported him last term. Traynor's questioning was relatively straightforward, and I don't believe there was any real attempt on his part to trip Ally up.

When Ally makes his comments about Traynor's attack on the club (his infamous 'Rangers are dead' article of 13.06.12) Traynor suddenly becomes the one who is hesistant, defensive and utterly unconvincing. His apology and acknowledgement that he got it terribly wrong rings utterly hollow, and his attack on those who continue to assault and deride our club comes across as shrill - as to little to late. His statement at the very end, that he is becoming angry and must stop, is clearly playing to 'the gallery' and i have very serious reservations about his sincerity.

The interview as a whole did not inspire confidence in either of the participants. I did not feel any drive or dynamism from either of them. For me, the interview was disappointing. However, I'll watch it a few more times, in the hope that I'll be able to moderate my opinion.

Edited by JCS

Jeez, we're a tough audience.

For me it was actually a very good interview, considerably better than we've come to expect from the club. As Anchorman rightly predicted it wasn't Frost/Nixon but Traynor still asked a number of the questions that have been getting asked by plenty of people on here. So be fair, it wasn't a soft soap effort, it was professional, well produced and enlightening in some areas.

Now if the criticism is regarding McCoist's answers then that's different. He was clearly uncomfortable with some of the questions, I got the impression he didn't want to publicly criticise Adam Owen and he handled the footballing philosophy question badly.

But c'mon, it was a decent interview and gave a fair insight into Ally's thinking.

Jeez, we're a tough audience.

For me it was actually a very good interview, considerably better than we've come to expect from the club. As Anchorman rightly predicted it wasn't Frost/Nixon but Traynor still asked a number of the questions that have been getting asked by plenty of people on here. So be fair, it wasn't a soft soap effort, it was professional, well produced and enlightening in some areas.

Now if the criticism is regarding McCoist's answers then that's different. He was clearly uncomfortable with some of the questions, I got the impression he didn't want to publicly criticise Adam Owen and he handled the footballing philosophy question badly.

But c'mon, it was a decent interview and gave a fair insight into Ally's thinking.

it was a good idea. the questions were good. the answers were worrying.