Maybe it's all to do with the expectation levels you go in with, but I didn't find it all that bad to be honest (not half as bad as I thought it would be) but I had no big expectations. It's all about opinions, but I actually felt that the most contrived bit was the 'Day of Reckoning' finale when Ally almost giggles, whereas others think that was the only bit worth watching. JT laboured the point about so called Rangers men doing the most damage. Who would that be?

Lets put it this way - if there is a part 2 I will watch it. And to be fair, some of JTs questions are the ones we wanted to ask (even if the answers were not what we wanted to hear at all times)

For me the interview is a mixed bag. Some of it was pretty transparent and for show. I have no idea what to make of 'a day of reckoning'. Also McCoist seems to trip himself up a lot and have to correct himself. Then again he is not working as our lawyer so perhaps we can forgive him for talking rubbish like one or two other managers out there.

I felt positive about a few of the things that McCoist said about the team though. He appears to be focussing on two things: fitness and competition for places. Last season I scorned the notion that the pre-season problems and a lack of players were to blame for poor performances. I thought that these were only excuses. McCoist has clearly made both a priority. I think that having his, admittedly modest, vision put into practice should result in a noticeable improvement.

He also pointed to the fact that youth development can be difficult in SFL2. It's a fair point for a number of reasons. He suggested that it is difficult to attract the best young players to SFL2 and that seems plausible to me. I also think that it is a rubbish place to develop young players, especially if you expect to win every game.

Finally he mentions that it is more complicated than just turning up. If it was as simple as turning up then I doubt any of us would. For some reason though much criticism seems to assume that we should just be able to turn up and win. Many also assume that McCoist is a cheque book manager and nothing more. The fact that he acknowledges the complexity involved suggests that there might be more going on than people think.

So I'm optimistic about this season.

Yeah, I'm not sure I'm worried, but he wasn't impressive I agree.

purely from the perspective of what we are likely to see on the park next year.

i fear we will be told turgid 1-0 wins are great results again.

i do hope ally proves me wrong.

Note to director: close ups of big unshaven baw faces are not attractive.

I mentioned before after seeing a photo of Ally and KMcD together. Ally looks likes he is hammering the bottle. I'm not criticising - there but for the grace of God and all that, but it's not good to see in a Rangers manager if he is going to look like that for too long. Unshaven and looking like his blood pressure needs checked - soon!

I must have watched a different interview.I thought Ally held himself well and was very much bang in with his answers. Coupled with the fact he has an aura about him that I feel will help him get the best out of the players we have.

I think a few on here may be eating a rather large slice of humble pie in a couple of years time.

I must have watched a different interview.I thought Ally held himself well and was very much bang in with his answers. Coupled with the fact he has an aura about him that I feel will help him get the best out of the players we have.

I think a few on here may be eating a rather large slice of humble pie in a couple of years time.

I criticise Ally as a Manager, but I honestly do hope I am eating that pie.

I guess next season will tell us, no excuses this time. Though his philosophy of win win win, doesn't mean the football will be any more pleasing on the eye.