Huge problem with stealth mode

I'm using stealth mode to view the site but the problem is that when I post it forgets I'm logged in and asks me to log in again, then tells me I'm already registered.

The problem is that when I post and this happens, no matter what I do, I lose my post which has sometimes taken a bit of time and effort to write.

The thing is I like to dip in and out during the day when taking a five/ten minute time out at work. The site seems to time me out pretty quickly in stealth mode.

I wrongly thought the message that my post is saved which periodically appears would mean I could trust the site to conserve my post.

Hope I don't sound too moany, but by god it's frustrating.

I take it you mean you're using the forum's "Invisible Mode" Login & privacy option? If so, it's not an issue with that mode because the forum has the same timeout running procedure and timeout settings in Invisible Mode as it does in normal mode. All the Invisible Mode is doing is hiding you from the list of currently & recently logged-in visitors.

Everyone has the same timeout issues, but unfortunately they're a necessary evil because without the relatively fast timeout, users would appear as being logged in long after they had logged out which would provide an inaccurate account of the forum activity.

The only solution is for users on a personal basis to copy their posts to their own clipboard before hitting the "Post Quick Reply" or "Submit Reply" button.

In the event that for some reason your computer's clipboard feature for copy & paste isn't functioning properly or you don't trust yourself to remember to use it, then the best option for longer posts is to write them down in a notepad and copy them into a post reply field when you're logged in.

Thanks for the quick reply, Zappy. I'm actually talking about stealth mode in Chrome which I've now remembered is called "Incognito mode". It means, that cookies are not remembered and so you the site can't automatically log you in.

I do usually copy before posting but sometimes forget. I think the solution to the big problem of losing the post is just to use another editor - although I often have line break problems when copying and pasting.

The minor problem of repeated logging in doesn't seem to have a solution it seems...

thats a bugger il have a look into that when im next on my laptop mate. problem is the site relies on the cookies to keep you logged in like you already know

is using another browser or chrome without plugin out the question?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Calscot, I don't use Chrome, so I'm not sure of it's terminology, but essentially I think the only real solution is for you to white-list Gersnet in your cookie settings.

Just dawned on me Calscot, another option for you is instead of using this "Incognito mode" you could just run in normal mode, but use a tracker blocker. In Firefox I use a plugin called Ghostery that's the dog's danglies! :tu: