We won't even last 2 more rounds of the Ramsden Cup with Ally in charge

Not a chance. He is to Rangers what Neil Lennon is to Scottish football, mediocre yet untouchable.

I think Liewell would get rid of Lennon without hesitation should the need arise. There would not be the 'fan backlash' that people think there would be if McCoist got bumped. Who does Ally play up to? The 'young team' in the corner who average 18 years old if they are lucky (and that is not to slag the boys off). These young guys have never really known many true legends in their time supporting the Club, which is why McCoist to them is God. Ally knows with their vocal backing it makes his position a wee bit stronger. The mainstream [older] punters have seen many 'legends' go and still watch the Club survive.

Ours is a 'tired' Club at the moment. We should be rising from the ashes looking vibrant and hungry. I'm watching McCoist, Durrant, McDowall and I feel worn out just looking at them. Rangers Football Club needs fresh blood from top to bottom.

Can anyone on here say what formation our team plays, what our football philosophy is? Ally told us "give me a close season" to get that team ethos sorted. I'm sorry but your time is up as far as I'm concerned. And the fact that neither you nor your other two cohorts could be arsed to represent this great Club in the way it should be speaks volumes to me. Show me any club around Europe where all of their lead staff look like they've been on an over-eating and over-drinking bender for about 3 months.

Say what you want about Ally (personally I think he should go) HOWEVER even comparing him to that cretin is just uncalled for.

Lennon is a fucking CANCER to Scottish football.

Say what you want about Lennon but comparing the Rangers and Celtic manager is a perfectly normal thing to do. They just happen to have a complete animal in charge just now.

I think Liewell would get rid of Lennon without hesitation should the need arise. There would not be the 'fan backlash' that people think there would be if McCoist got bumped. Who does Ally play up to? The 'young team' in the corner who average 18 years old if they are lucky (and that is not to slag the boys off). These young guys have never really known many true legends in their time supporting the Club, which is why McCoist to them is God. Ally knows with their vocal backing it makes his position a wee bit stronger. The mainstream [older] punters have seen many 'legends' go and still watch the Club survive.

Ours is a 'tired' Club at the moment. We should be rising from the ashes looking vibrant and hungry. I'm watching McCoist, Durrant, McDowall and I feel worn out just looking at them. Rangers Football Club needs fresh blood from top to bottom.

Can anyone on here say what formation our team plays, what our football philosophy is? Ally told us "give me a close season" to get that team ethos sorted. I'm sorry but your time is up as far as I'm concerned. And the fact that neither you nor your other two cohorts could be arsed to represent this great Club in the way it should be speaks volumes to me. Show me any club around Europe where all of their lead staff look like they've been on an over-eating and over-drinking bender for about 3 months.

Cracking reply.

Edited by Super Cooper

I agree totally with the comment that McCoist had an incredible chance to start a new footballing philosophy, simple things like pass and move. After all we were a f-t football team with an SPL football coaching set up and incredible facilities, the ability to make the most of our youth set up and better wage structure, signing capability.

We could start again, pass and move, excellent passing capability, movement off the ball, McCoist had a chance to create a different footballing style at Rangers, something that would carry us forward into the future, something fans would love to come and watch, go away satisfied, tell their fellow Bears about and drive up attendances and a desire to follow, follow.

He has failed miserably to do that and I didn't see todays game but from what I heard we resorted to long balls into the box for Jig to win, but mainly things were won by Marvin Andrews, who is probably 38 now?!

The one thing that is similar to John Greig and McCoist is they had no management experience elsewhere , but Greig was up against a very good septic team of that era and got sacked, McCoist, due to circumstances, has been given time in div 3 and now div 2 (now rebranded as div 1) and has proven he has no tactical capability. On purely a footballing level, he needs to be replaced. Good time to do it, all the new signings will not have developed any real level of loyalty.

Super's shown he's not got it unfortunately, but the longer he stays the harder it will be to part.

He has made some decent signings this year and it should be enough to win the league comfortably, but results like today show his weakness.

I think I'm firmly in the "McCoist must go" camp....

As others have said, the defeat to Forfar isn't exactly a shock result based on last seasons performances, and some of the pre-season performances (even though we didn't lose, with one exception). I can see it being the same up & down performances this season - one good performance, followed by 1/2 a dozen poor ones.

The team has no consistency and for a large part, don't even play as a team. I feel that McCoist as all the component parts at his disposal to produce a VERY good team.....he just can't put them all together correctly.

I think it is time or McCoist to step down as Manager, and let someone with a new fresh outlook step in. Who that person is, I don't know but I would prefer if there was a good footballing pedigree there rather than a previous Rangers history. We have already lost 1 season in the rebuilding process....lets not lose a second.

Just what we need, another 'prophet of doom' thread filled with knee-jerk reactions to the same old same old.

What did you expect on Saturday from the same group of players that played last season. It was hit or miss then too, nothing has changed.

We all know we have a month to get through before we see anything of our new players.

Just maybe during the pre-season games we should have stuck with last years squad instead of show-boating the latest editions.

I had hope that this group of players had learned something but alas no, so, no real surprise.

The apprehension was there for all to see in Ally's team sheet starting with the 'dreaded' RB position filled by Hegarty (untried in the pre-season) why no McAusland who has performed well @ RB & in MF. Mitchell returning from pre-season injured, again untested.

McCulloch made a blunder @ the back, wind or no wind, when he should have been up-front with Little, considering their combined goal tally last season. Young Gasparotto has performed admirably @ the back & needs the exposure. In truth, there wasn't a lot of choice. The 11 on the field + the 5 subs is all there is to choose from, get over it.

The aim this year is still to win the league, any thoughts of Cup glory should be no more than that, a passing thought.

Ally's hands are still tied, and, still shackled to the SFA's 'embargo', give him a break.

Lets stick to the football instead of every 'Laptop Loyal', blogger, & the 'so called' Scottish journalists looking for a Pulitzer Prize as a political correspondent. Leave the boardroom antics where it belongs, in the boardroom & don't encourage the 'Mhedia'

..................cause I'm sick of their shite.