He bet on 13 Rangers matches while he was registered as our player, but wasn't actually playing in any of the matches he bet on, so obviously it was while he was out injured or left out of Ally's match day squad.

Still stupid though. If it's against the rules he should know it's against the rules and avoid breaking them.

Where does it say that Zappa? I'm reading that these are from 2006-13 and says his then registered Club.

I'm guessing he bet on us getting beat in the cup games against SPL teams, so ICT at Ibrox and Dundee Utd at Tannadice. I can't remember whether he played in those games or not. If he played in those games, then it can't have been those ones he bet against us in.

He received a late red card in that game, a very silly one iirc, giving the ref no option.

Also....

He could have bet to win or draw. He could have bet on exact scores. They could all have been in 2006. They could all have been in 2013. They could have been spread over the seven year period.There is a myriad of possibilities.

...as it says.

Where does it say that Zappa? I'm reading that these are from 2006-13 and says his then registered Club.

Apologies, that's what I read (assumed) initially from misreading the OP, but it's clear now having read other info, that it was over a seven year period. In fact it doesn't sound as though he's been doing it much at all as a Rangers player, although I'm hearing STV news reported that he has indeed bet against Rangers. The info is all a bit scattered and unclear at the moment, but the bottom line for me is that if he bet against Rangers while registered as our player, we should have a solid case for sacking him and we should do exactly that. P45 > GTF.

Right, so he's bet against his own club on three occasions in the past 7 years. The clubs are Inverness, Hearts & Rangers.

On top of that he's bet on his own club 10 times in the past 7 years & STV say they believe one of those was the Albion Rovers v Rangers game a few weeks ago.

It definitely looks like he's in trouble and I'd say it seems as though the club might have a case to sack him, although the club should be very careful because we can't afford another Sandaza type situation where a player is sacked without a rock solid case and we then end up having to pay him off.

This is a can of worms though because a LOT of Scottish footballers bet on the football. There's now going to be widespread calls for parity & the same level of scrutiny across Scottish football. I won't be holding my breath.

Not guilty until proven ... as far as I am concerned.

On top of that he's bet on his own club 10 times in the past 7 years & STV say they believe one of those was the Albion Rovers v Rangers game a few weeks ago.

... like the game where he scored a goal and did very well in while betting against himself and his?

Edited by der Berliner

They could also be breaking data protection laws here.

of course. like who/where did they get this info from? as I said looks like someone has been storing this up over a period of time & waited for their moment. who?

if I were Ian Black I'd be getting legal advice pronto. This looks like someone has literally been spying on him

Edited by RANGERRAB