Tonight's BBC Scotland report is suggesting Black bet against the team he played for on 3 occasions. Further, they are implying he did so with each of the 3 clubs he has played for over the several year period ie ICT, Hearts, and Rangers.

Given the information that players can place bets on throw-ins, corners, penalties, ........... etc; can they place a bet on a yellow card or an ordering off?

BBC Scotland reinforced the story by utilising footage from the Dundee United v Rangers Scottish Cup tie, specifically Black's red card.

I accept he has been set up, several years of garnering information has clearly occurred, but that is another story. If he is found guilty, I suggest Black begins to hone his painting and decorating skills.

It's all about his Ladbrokes account.

so someone in ladbrokes decided to become a whistleblower then ? do we know this for sure?

have the SFA considered what to do if Black denies the allegations?

will they then still try & punish him if they think he's guilty?

what if Black decides to take legal action against the SFA & the whistleblower who would need to be identified in a lawcourt?

is it not the case that the whistleblower is breaking privacy laws and whatever else?

Think this has along way to run yet.

so someone in ladbrokes decided to become a whistleblower then ? do we know this for sure?

have the SFA considered what to do if Black denies the allegations?

will they then still try & punish him if they think he's guilty?

what if Black decides to take legal action against the SFA & the whistleblower who would need to be identified in a lawcourt?

is it not the case that the whistleblower is breaking privacy laws and whatever else?

Think this has along way to run yet.

Is that really what's important here? Really?

Is that really what's important here? Really?

sorry bud but I just find it incredible that this has supposedly knowingly gone on for 7 years and all of a sudden it appears in the news now. is Black the only footballer ever to have had a bet on a game he's played in?

sorry bud but I just find it incredible that this has supposedly knowingly gone on for 7 years and all of a sudden it appears in the news now. is Black the only footballer ever to have had a bet on a game he's played in?

Where does it say that it's been known about for 7 years? Gone on, and knowingly gone on are quite different.

Doesn't matter how many players have had bets, doesn't matter who reported him, it could have been the Pope; if he did it he's history.

I would expect Rangers to suspend him on full pay pending the result of their investigation and the SFA hearing.

Don't see how he can play for us again unless he's completely exonerated.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Well it appears in the news now because the SFA only just charged him, so I assume it has only recently come to light.

I doubt he's the only player but that doesn't make it okay. If he did it then at worst he's a cheat, at best he's a greedy idiot.