IMHO -

(1) If he bet on football matches (and he is not supposed to as a registered player) - give it a break SFA - loads of them do!

(2) If he has bet on a Rangers win - fine with me. No cheating there surely if the value of the bets is within reason and he is not likely to be giving the opposition goalie a brown envelope.

(3) If he has bet against his own club then get him to feck out of the game in this country.

He is not my cup of tea as an individual. (He is the only player in all my years of following this Club that I've truly felt that about) or as a player really, but he is innocent of (3) above until proven guilty. We would do well to remember that. I remember only too well a recent story about a major football club and their 'illegal' use of EBTs. The evidence against them was overwhelming...................

Was meant to be a bit tongue in cheek, wasn't mean to be taken literally and didn't think that anyone would.

But you're right, I've deleted it.

Apologies to any Aussies or others who I offended.

Thanks mate. Maybe I was being a bit of a pedant. I've got family down there, and I was enjoying your comments until that.

silly boy but hardly a big deal.

are you out of your f-ing mind? "hardly a big deal"???

betting on football games where you may possibly know one or more of the participants and may therefore be directly or indirectly involved or give rise to the perception of involvement is a sackable offense. Betting on games in which you yourself are involved can mean only one thing; banned sine die from football.

Google 'Pete Rose'

are you out of your f-ing mind? "hardly a big deal"???

betting on football games where you may possibly know one or more of the participants and may therefore be directly or indirectly involved or give rise to the perception of involvement is a sackable offense. Betting on games in which you yourself are involved can mean only one thing; banned sine die from football.

Google 'Pete Rose'

Nonsense and a bit too dramatic. If he is betting on his own team to win and his bets are obviously within reason i.e. he is not paying off an opposition player then where is the cheating? He gives it his all for the Club and his bet. Yes it is not allowed, but ban him for life? Calm down.

If he has bet against his club? Different story.

I have a question.

Do Rangers not do background checks on employees, especially the highly paid ones; and if they did would this not be the kind of thing you would expect to check/find?

How would background checks pick up on there betting patterns? or perhaps rather, what kind of background checks?

He's probably been hacked online or something, and someone gained access to his online account, i'd think that more plausible that someone keeping tabs for 7 years.

My wife also works for a bookmaker, and she widny tell me nowt about people's winnings etc, there all quite strict about that. well they are in her branch anyway