Black has been playing really well for us since the seasons start.

Lol so you accept the real reason we sacked sandaza was because he was shite? :)

Black has played 1 and a half decent games for us. He was the first post meltdown signing and probably the highest earner at the club as a result.

dramatic? really? Rather than telling me to calm down, you should perhaps give a bit more thought to your argument. let's start with "within reason". Who decides what is "within reason"? Is a £5,000 bet within reason? if so, what's the rational? £5000 would represent a year's disposable income to me. If I bet that amount on a football game, is that reasonable? The same amount of money would represent a week's disposable income for some or half a day's disposable income for others. So what's reasonable and who decides?

Let's now move on to "he is not paying off an opposition player". How do you know who he is paying off?

Then "where is the cheating". Let's say he bets on his team to win by between two and three goals. We're winning 3-1. He puts his foot on the ball, slows the game down and does his best to make sure we don't score another one, let alone two goals. Is that cheating?

What happens when I, as a punter, bet on Rangers to win 5-1, but our central midfielder has bet the ranch on a scoreline of 3-1. I have no chance of getting my 5-1.

Is that cheating?

The obvious and indisputable fact is that if you are involved in a game, the outcome of which you can manipulate or influence, and you have a financial incentive to manipulate that game to any extent, then that game becomes corrupted and unfair.

Gambling is the biggest and most serious cancer in any sport - and it will destroy any sport in which it gains a foothold. It must be completely eradicated at the first whiff of it, otherwise we lose faith in the sport and then we lose interest and then it dies.

If you don't already know the story, have a look at the 1919 Chicago Whitesox - a scandal that almost killed Major League baseball. Then look at what happened to Pete Rose at the end of last century.

OK mate - cheers!

He earns an awfully high wage does he not? Has anyone considered this leak came from within? Would certainly be typical given club behaviour of late. I always got the impression the club gleefully jumped on the sandaza situation.

It has to be a possibility but perhaps not because of how well or badly he's been playing.

IF Rangers found out, then reporting him ot the SFA (even anonymously) might be a neat solution; because if they find him guilty and suspend him sine die or not, then it could be grounds for dismissal.

I don't think anyone would seriously argue that Rangers sacked Sandaza for any reason other than that he was shite and they decided to take their chances on a wrongful dismissal case.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

The info I have is it was his brother's coupons and his brother's bets which were fivers etc not serious money.

Doesn't matter; if it was his money and it is admitted or proven, then the amount is largely irrelevant because the rule is absolute.

He might plead the amount in mitigation but don't think it will help him much.

I'm sticking with Rangers will suspend on full pay him pending the outcome.

Edited by BrahimHemdani
Inserted ";" to make sense clear.