As RANGERSRAB said...someone decided to stick Black in the shite, it may not be the most important part of this story but it's stinks of a rhat.

I know what you are saying, but if (IF!) he has bet against us as a player who will you be most angry with? The Rat or the Rhat?

That's really my question, do they do any, and would they be likely to pick up this kind of thing.

Don't think the bookmakers could give the information away.. Even the police should need a court order to obtain this kind of info, so think that would be hard to check really.( data protection laws primarily I would think would be an issue ) I could be wrong, but don't see any dodgy private investigator type enquiries on your own players

That's really my question, do they do any, and would they be likely to pick up this kind of thing.

No they wouldn't. They can check previous convictions etc (and maybe bad debts) etc, but what you are asking is way too much an invasion of privacy as an employer. I wouldn't work for anyone who wanted to know if I had a bookies account.

I know what you are saying, but if (IF!) he has bet against us as a player who will you be most angry with? The Rat or the Rhat?

Ian black's made a few enemies through the years.. The Rat as you call them, may just be a tech savvy cunt that wants to be sink black.

The only 64,000$ question is how did this information land in the SFAs plate and not in the newspapers first

No they wouldn't. They can check previous convictions etc (and maybe bad debts) etc, but what you are asking is way too much an invasion of privacy as an employer. I wouldn't work for anyone who wanted to know if I had a bookies account.

Fair enough; but you're not a professional football player (so far as we know!) so would it be relevant to your occupation?

My point is that it IS relevant to being employed as a professional football player.

You agree to a medical to check your fitness and the Club can check your disciplinary record and a credit check might well be relevant as well. I seem to recall some well known players frittering away their cash on gambling and drink.

I would think at the very least it should be in your contract that if you breach that type of rule, your contract could be terminated for gross misconduct; in fact I'd be shocked if it wasn't.

Ian black's made a few enemies through the years.. The Rat as you call them, may just be a tech savvy cunt that wants to be sink black.

The only 64,000$ question is how did this information land in the SFAs plate and not in the newspapers first

You are missing what I'm saying. If a 'tech savvy' Dhim is behind it then that is the 'Rhat' that 54andcounting is referring to. If Black has bet against us then he is a Rat. Who would you be most angry with? Rat or Rhat?

Fair enough; but you're not a professional football player (so far as we know!) so would it be relevant to your occupation?

My point is that it IS relevant to being employed as a professional football player.

You agree to a medical to check your fitness and the Club can check your disciplinary record and a credit check might well be relevant as well. I seem to recall some well known players frittering away their cash on gambling and drink.

I would think at the very least it should be in your contract that if you breach that type of rule, your contract could be terminated for gross misconduct; in fact I'd be shocked if it wasn't.

Prepare to be shocked. Employers can't run rough shod over European legislation just because they fancy finding out a bit more about their staff. Ask Charles Green about his attempts at complying with TUPE (a European legislation that he got badly wrong).