Personally, I think the club is digging itself into a very very big hole with all the aggression towards the media because it's never going to stop the various media outlets printing their articles and in some cases twisting the facts & quotes or misreporting stories by adding slants to them. That's just the media and it's fine to slap them on the wrists if need be, but I get the feeling that the club is really isolating itself if it continues down the current path.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe the the club should just ban all of the perceived media enemies from Ibrox, but something in the back of my mind tells me it's a mistake. I just think that Green & co (and Whyte before them) have been milking the support's disdain for certain media outlets.

It's a dangerous path to take because while banning the BBC and trying to discredit certain red-tops might go down well with a large percentage of fans, there's no doubt that it isolates the club and potentially makes matters even worse.

Banning 'media' is futile and just now it is diversionary.

If the club were serious about trying to monetize their in-house media whilst discouraging the support from buying the 'competition' then they'd invite Frankie and Andy to do weekly columns on the club site and not sensor what they say. They'd help fund the Rangers Standard, indeed offer to take it in-house too, they'd accept criticism and encourage debate. If the CEO, manager, Chairman and head of security each spent one hour a month answering fans questions on the club's own forum they'd close places like the Record down.

The lack of foresight and imagination bewilders me. They've got all the content and a captive audience, yet somehow they are unable to put the two together.

Personally, I think the club is digging itself into a very very big hole with all the aggression towards the media because it's never going to stop the various media outlets printing their articles and in some cases twisting the facts & quotes or misreporting stories by adding slants to them. That's just the media and it's fine to slap them on the wrists if need be, but I get the feeling that the club is really isolating itself if it continues down the current path.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe the the club should just ban all of the perceived media enemies from Ibrox, but something in the back of my mind tells me it's a mistake. I just think that Green & co (and Whyte before them) have been milking the support's disdain for certain media outlets.

It's a dangerous path to take because while banning the BBC and trying to discredit certain red-tops might go down well with a large percentage of fans, there's no doubt that it isolates the club and potentially makes matters even worse.

Just because we have ownership issues doesn't mean we don't have battles with enemies to deal with elsewhere.

Banning 'media' is futile and just now it is diversionary.

If the club were serious about trying to monetize their in-house media whilst discouraging the support from buying the 'competition' then they'd invite Frankie and Andy to do weekly columns on the club site and not sensor what they say. They'd help fund the Rangers Standard, indeed offer to take it in-house too, they'd accept criticism and encourage debate. If the CEO, manager, Chairman and head of security each spent one hour a month answering fans questions on the club's own forum they'd close places like the Record down.

The lack of foresight and imagination bewilders me. They've got all the content and a captive audience, yet somehow they are unable to put the two together.

Not sure what to make of that tbh. I'm a big fan of sarcasm, but that's a heavy dose amms. :D

Just because we have ownership issues doesn't mean we don't have battles with enemies to deal with elsewhere.

Aye, I'm sure there's been tons of folk down at the DR offices at Central Quay this week protesting and giving them a right old going over.

You've lost me.

women can multi-task; we can't.

And don't be giving me no nonsense about, "aye, but I can change a spark plug and listen tae the fitba at the same time" While you're doing that, she's preparing lunch, tidying up the mess you left the last time you were in the house, talking to your sister on the phone and arranging your mother's birthday party, keeping an eye on a cake in the oven, working out the shopping bills and still finding time to bear a grudge because you said her hair was 'wavy'. *That* my friend is multi-tasking.

What? fuck off; this is cheaper than paying for therapy! :)

Agreed. The club should pick one battle at a time; ban one news outlet at a time and use this to encourage the others to behave. If you have Clyde, BBC and Record all outside the tent at the same time, it's going to be very wet inside.

Agreed. The club should pick one battle at a time; ban one news outlet at a time and use this to encourage the others to behave. If you have Clyde, BBC and Record all outside the tent at the same time, it's going to be very wet inside.

Exactly and it's not rocket science either.