Yesterday's board meeting (CG 'stands down' and wants to sell shares)

It will be interesting to see what happens re the requisition, given that three of the five present are named in it.

Very interesting. As long it's constituted correctly in a legal sense, then they'll either have to accept it or reject it if they don't want to resign.

Nobody comes out what is happening with any credit.

However, Green alone messed up his position. No-one else.

I honestly still feel far too much was made of the interviews concerning winning trophies.

I've said previously I can't defend it if he's backing Ahmad's suing of the club but nothing seems very clear.

It's interesting that supposedly the board meeting isn't until tonight.

Is this leaking of info lulling people into a false sense of security? A bluff perhaps to mask another strategy - or a genuine concession to try and move the club forward?

Uncertain at this stage myself as clearly Green still has a lot of influence at the club. However, Ahmad supposedly selling up last week and now Green offering his shares (at what price?) to others may mean a boardroom agreement is on the cards.

Lots still to happen though. Let's hope for some official comment from all relevant parties over the next day or two.

Most board meetings I've ever been to just about everything is decided in advance and there is little genuine discussion or decision making at the actual meeting itself.

No sensible director would leave decisions on matters as important as this to chance "on the night".

Green will know he was about to be sacked tonight and jumped first.

Leaking it to that scumbag at the BBC, even though he is 3000 miles away with his beloved hoops, is just another GIRUY to the fans.

Saying he is selling up is hardly new news, as this has been his stated intention for months now and would have already sold if he wasnt tied in until December.

I spare the BBC Scotland Yahoos from any more hits ...

Charles Green has agreed to stand down as a consultant at Rangers and sell his shareholding in the club.

It follows discussions by conference call with the Rangers board and repeated calls for him to go.

The man who led a consortium to buy the club last summer has been under pressure to walk away following infighting at boardroom level.

He quit as chief executive in April following allegations about his dealings with former owner Craig Whyte.

Green holds five million shares in Rangers, approximately 6.9% of the total in circulation, while market rules prevent any sale until December.

The Yorkshire businessman previously indicated that he would be willing to sell his stake in the club to Sandy Easdale, owner of McGill's Bus Service in Greenock. Easdale, who owns the firm with his brother James, purchased 1.2 million shares in Rangers last week worth £498,000, increasing his individual stake to 2.1%.

And a spokesman for the Easdale family said: "Charles Green has given first refusal of his shares to Sandy Easdale as he promised. Sandy may take all or some of the shareholding depending on the strategic requirements of other potential investors."

Green's time at Ibrox included high-profile fallouts with manager Ally McCoist.

Rangers announced Green's return in a consultant's capacity on 2 August and he was quick to alienate McCoist, suggesting the manager was under pressure to deliver a cup as well as the League One trophy.

McCoist responded angrily, branding Green "an embarrassment".

The return of the outspoken Green also corresponded with Walter Smith resigning as chairman, with the former manager referring to a "highly dysfunctional environment" at board level.

On departing, Smith voiced his support for the bid being made by former director Paul Murray and Frank Blin to join the board, while Green openly ridiculed the faction seeking to gain influence at the club.

Fans' groups were angered by Green's comments and called for the club to reconsider his appointment.

Green's spell as chief executive ended when he resigned with immediate effect, citing the "negative publicity" surrounding an independent investigation, commissioned by the club's board, into allegations of undeclared dealings with Whyte.

That investigation consequently found no evidence of Whyte's claims that he was involved in the Green-led acquisition of Rangers' business and assets.

Under Green's stewardship, Rangers raised £22.2m via a share offer in November 2012 and began trading on London's Alternative Investments Market (AIM).

Club funds have since shrunk to £10m despite more than 30,000 season-ticket sales.

It should be firmly implanted on the EGM agenda that leaking information to Scrote and his compatriots of the banned BBC Scotland should be a sackable offence and anyone doing it still should be named and shamed.

Most board meetings I've ever been to just about everything is decided in advance and there is little genuine discussion or decision making at the actual meeting itself.

No sensible director would leave decisions on matters as important as this to chance "on the night".

I must say, BH, you're a real asset to the forum. Thanks for your insight!

I would think Green's statement of "I will sell my shares.........." is hollow to say the least if it is open ended. There is a big difference between (1) "I will sell my shares....... if someone wants to give me £15m for them", which is basically just a repeat of what he has said previously to McColl, and (2) "I will sell my shares....... at the best price I am offered by a closing date of...."

Somehow I think it is highly unlikely to be (2) unless I've missed something in the statement.