Yesterday's board meeting (CG 'stands down' and wants to sell shares)

I would think Green's statement of "I will sell my shares.........." is hollow to say the least if it is open ended. There is a big difference between (1) "I will sell my shares....... if someone wants to give me £15m for them", which is basically just a repeat of what he has said previously to McColl, and (2) "I will sell my shares....... at the best price I am offered by a closing date of...."

Somehow I think it is highly unlikely to be (2) unless I've missed something in the statement.

I think it may be a case of (2) now.

Obviously it's difficult to try and predict anything in this farce but if the boardroom changes are made, then it's inevitable Green's influence and share-holding will be diluted. He either waits and the price drops or he sells now at a considerable profit - just like Imran last week,

Obviously it's difficult to try and predict anything in this farce but if the boardroom changes are made, then it's inevitable Green's influence and share-holding will be diluted. He either waits and the price drops or he sells now at a considerable profit - just like Imran last week,

I'm assuming the one caveat he will put in is "and it has to be someone I want to sell to i.e. not necessarily the highest bidder".

Most board meetings I've ever been to just about everything is decided in advance and there is little genuine discussion or decision making at the actual meeting itself.

No sensible director would leave decisions on matters as important as this to chance "on the night".

In general this is true. But also, in general, most companies are not in the midst of a crisis, a significant challenge to Board members and possibly a split Board. I am sure Board members have been talking offline but what we don't know is if they are all talking to each other.

If I were Green I would be looking to extricate myself with as much dosh as possible and ride off into the sunset. He must realise that he is in an end-game scenario now.

If I were Green I would be looking to extricate myself with as much dosh as possible and ride off into the sunset. He must realise that he is in an end-game scenario now.

IMO, you don't conduct your business through an online blogger if you're confident of running a club for years into the future.

The For Sale signs went up almost as soon as they bought the thing. That's not a criticism - just a fact.