Darren Cole asked to stay away from the club until further notice! [OFFICIAL]

Turns out a rumour which has been floating around all week is true for once! He was only just given a new 1 year deal this summer, but it looks like the lad might have finally burnt his bridges and his last chance at the club could be up in smoke. Fingers crossed because the sooner the club gets rid of these smart arse Nandos crew chancers and gives the opportunities to lads who really deserve it, the better off the club will be.

Cole Stays Away

Written by Andrew Dickson

DARREN COLE has been asked to stay away from the club on a temporary basis following a breach of discipline.

The 21-year-old was due to be part of the squad for the Garry Lynch Memorial friendly between junior side Cambuslang Rangers and a Light Blues reserve team on August 11.

But Cole failed to report for the game and following a discussion with manager Ally McCoist, he is not currently training at Murray Park.

The defender has found himself fall out of favour in recent weeks after being included in the squad for the Northern Tour matches at Brora and Elgin City last month.

He hasn’t featured for the first team since that second fixture at Borough Briggs on July 10 and isn’t being considered for selection at present by McCoist.

The Gers boss said: “Darren failed to report for the game against Cambuslang but he’s not following a fixed suspension.

“He didn’t attempt to contact anybody at all to let them know he wouldn’t be coming to the game and it goes without saying we thought his conduct was totally unacceptable.

“I’ve asked Darren to stay away from the club until further notice and until we discuss what our next course of action will be.

“I’ve already had a chat with the player to register my disappointment with him and to ask him for an explanation.

“What was said there will remain between him and I but I’ll also need to have a talk with my staff to decide what we will do now.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/4838-cole-stays-away

Edited by Zappa

I'd have hoped that the Club assessed potential first team players against more than just physical and technical criteria, particularly those who have spent a lot of time around the place. Some of these guys clearly don't have a clue what is expected of a Ranger.

Can you imagine a Greig or a Gough betting against the team, or having a sulk and not showing for a minor fixture? Unless he has the mother of all excuses it should be game over for Darren, as that behaviour is far worse than Sandaza's in my book.

I'd have hoped that the Club assessed potential first team players against more than just physical and technical criteria, particularly those who have spent a lot of time around the place. Some of these guys clearly don't have a clue what is expected of a Ranger.

Can you imagine a Greig or a Gough betting against the team, or having a sulk and not showing for a minor fixture? Unless he has the mother of all excuses it should be game over for Darren, as that behaviour is far worse than Sandaza's in my book.

From the outside it looks like some of the lads just don't fully appreciate the gravity of the opportunity they're being given and fall into the trap of taking it all for granted. That's not good enough and any falling into that category should be sent packing at the earliest opportunity.

The defender has found himself fall out of favour in recent weeks after being included in the squad for the Northern Tour matches at Brora and Elgin City last month.

He hasn’t featured for the first team since that second fixture at Borough Briggs on July 10 and isn’t being considered for selection at present by McCoist.

What happened after the Elgin match, was he dropped for a specific reason, was his form not up to scratch or was he a bad boy and got punished for it?

The fact that this lad couldn't dislodge some of the worst defenders in the clubs history in the season past, should have meant the exit door for Darren.

At 20/21 and still not playing regularly, the lad needs to go for his own sake.

What happened after the Elgin match, was he dropped for a specific reason, was his form not up to scratch or was he a bad boy and got punished for it?

He was utter crap that night.

As noted at the time.

Was too late to send out tickets so the TO contacted Elgin City who phoned me up and told me just to go in as the stewards would expecting me, so all's well that ends well.

Once again as on Sunday second half was far better than the first.

Once again Mohsni was excellent and strolled through it, Macleod once more impressed the rest were pretty average with the exception of Cole who didn't do himself any favours with a poor display.

Second half stand out was Aird who had a few good runs topped off with his goal complete turnaround from his lack luster display on Sunday. Gasparatto was solid once more. Daly won his share of headers and was unlucky not to score his header just going wide of the far post. Hutton was half decent as was Black. Crawford was rather anonymous and wasted a good opportunity when he tried to chip the keeper when he shoul have squared the ball to Daly for a tap in.

The fact that this lad couldn't dislodge some of the worst defenders in the clubs history in the season past, should have meant the exit door for Darren.

At 20/21 and still not playing regularly, the lad needs to go for his own sake.

It is one thing to have bad games, you can always get over that. There's no excuse for lack of respect and discipline though, because that is just utter stupidity which can't be cured.