That win just put Kazekstan 3rd in the coefficients this year; we're 29th.

Coefficients are the least of our worries. We really can't afford for C*lt*c to be qualifying for the CL group stages every year while we're not in the SPL because the financial windfall they get will leave us light years apart if they do. You're talking about a MASSIVE amount of money. It would be approx £60m in extra revenue if they qualify this year and a further 2 years to make it 3 years in a row they get into the group stages. Very bad news for us if that happens.

Coefficients are the least of our worries. We really can't afford for C*lt*c to be qualifying for the CL group stages every year while we're not in the SPL because the financial windfall they get will leave us light years apart if they do. You're talking about a MASSIVE amount of money. It would be approx £60m in extra revenue if they qualify this year and a further 2 years to make it 3 years in a row they get into the group stages. Very bad news for us if that happens.

I can't argue with that viewpoint except to say that it's unfortunate to say the least that of the the three other clubs only St Johnstone managed a couple of excellent wins and a draw, and that we are currently ranked alongside Luxembourg.

Fortunately from the monetary persapective perhaps, Celtic still seem to be imbued with the biscuit tin mentality otherwise they would certainly have speculated more to achieve the great riches to which you rightly refer.

I've written a great deal about the coefficients in the past so I'll leave that debate for another time if I may!

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I can't argue with that viewpoint except to say that it's a great shame that of the the three other clubs only St Johnstone managed a couple of excellent wins and a draw, and that we are currently ranked alongside Luxembourg.

It's always the same with the other clubs though. Any European result at all for one of the 'other' Scottish clubs is a big bonus.

Fortunately from the monetary persapective perhaps, Celtic still seem to be imbued with the biscuit tin mentality otherwise they would certainly have speculated more to achieve the great riches to which you rightly refer.

They're not taking any risks, which is what speculating to accumulate would be. They're being prudent with their money and probably trying to pay off some of their debt while we're out of the picture and they're almost guaranteed title wins just for turning up every week. As much as we'd like to believe it, they actually aren't daft. They could be spending big in the transfer market and still get pumped out of the CL qualifiers.

I've written a great deal about the coefficients in the past so I'll leave that debate for another time if I may!

Yeah, there's no need for a debate about coefficients, I was really just trying to point out what a massive financial advantage it would give them if they qualify for the CL group stages this year and the following 2 years because you really are looking at something like a £60 million cash injection they would gain in just a short 2 to 3 year period.