RST, Assembly and Association

It was good to see this month joint statements by the RST, Assembly and Association. We often despair at the rivalry of the online Rangers community,

but these three groups have shown supporters can come together, albeit in a time of crisis, and find a common voice.

I was concerned that Charles Green and some on the current board would, to suit their own ends, try and cause a split amongst these main supporters bodies . The supporters groups responses to the departure of Walter and the proposed board changes/EGM have given me hope and fingers crossed this co operation can continue well into the future .

Agreed, although I have to be sceptical of the level of involvement of both the Assembly, which appears to have disappeared off the face of the earth over the last 12 months, and the Association with John Mac!illan having stood down.

However it gives the statements more credibility if the RST are able to append the other names on it which can only be a good thing and hopefully prevents the anti-RST outbursts that can occur if there are RST only statements.

I was concerned that Charles Green and some on the current board would, to suit their own ends, try and cause a split amongst these main supporters bodies.

I think it's fair to say that Green, Ahmad & co definitely have tried to divide the supporters online through forums, the use of Rangers bloggers and also through their various mainstream media PR assaults, but thankfully I think the majority of supporters have seen through it and are quite united in wanting the current boardroom cleared out and replaced by more suitable directors.

Guest kenjay
It was good to see this month joint statements by the RST, Assembly and Association. We often despair at the rivalry of the online Rangers community,

but these three groups have shown supporters can come together, albeit in a time of crisis, and find a common voice.

I was concerned that Charles Green and some on the current board would, to suit their own ends, try and cause a split amongst these main supporters bodies . The supporters groups responses to the departure of Walter and the proposed board changes/EGM have given me hope and fingers crossed this co operation can continue well into the future .

Did Dingwall write this for you?

I suspect that one of the organisations or more particularly one person in one of the organisations writes the statements and then puts it to the others to agree. Since the others are in disarray or ineffective or both, as has been highlighted, they (which will just mean their secretary or main contact) probably just say "fine with us". So technically it is a joint statement but I don't think it's like they all sit round a table or even have a conference call to agree it.

I have no problem with the statement. My concern is that all three organisations are content to cheer the belligerents on from the sidelines and that nothing substantive is being done to bring the supporter-shareholders together and to leverage their 12% so that we are part of the solution at Rangers.

I have no problem with the statement. My concern is that all three organisations are content to cheer the belligerents on from the sidelines and that nothing substantive is being done to bring the supporter-shareholders together and to leverage their 12% so that we are part of the solution at Rangers.

Fair comment.

It seems some know more than others which is fine but without details they can't expect the rank and file just to nod along silently. That's what TBK did and it proved a bad mistake.

If McColl comes out and clearly outlines his intentions (such as board make-up, fan involvement and funding) then it would be very difficult for anyone to challenge them. The longer they don't do this then it just leaves more questions and an information vacuum his opponents will happily fill.

If the EGM is confirmed over the next day or two, I'd expect a McColl statement shortly after. Anything else is very risky.

I think all these groups need a total rehaul, the divisions surrounding them seem beyond repair.

A membership scheme would bring everyone together in an open and democratic way.

Whilst there were some objections as to timing etc most respondents to my recent thread seemed broadly in favour. Several people made the point that whilst all supporters could join, they would not want to see the RST as an organisation having a say in the constitution of such a scheme.