As expected:

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail.html?announcementId=11686782

Further to the announcement on 21 August 2013, the Board has been in continual discussions with representatives of the group who requisitioned (together the "Requisitioners") a general meeting to consider the proposed resolutions as detailed in the announcement on 2 August 2013 ("General Meeting"). One of the aims of these discussions has been to avoid the need for a General Meeting, at this time, and the associated unnecessary cost and disruption to the Company of convening two meetings, a General Meeting and then the Company's Annual General Meeting, which is expected to be held in October 2013, in short succession.

The Board has secured the written commitment from the Requisitioners that they accept the validity and logic of this view and the Company and the Requisitioners are now exploring the mechanics of rolling the business of the General Meeting into the business of the Annual General Meeting, on the understanding that an agreement will be reached on the terms upon which this will be done, by the close of business on 27 August 2013. Failing such agreement being reached by this time, the Board will be required to send notice to shareholders to convene the General Meeting by no later than 30 August 2013.

Further announcements will be made as appropriate.

The current incumbents on the board must realise they are on a hiding to nothing , as well as the Easdales who are looking mighty stupid after their" McColl will lose "statement

As I said earlier McColl's statement was VERY carefully worded; using "pursuing" rather than "convening".

I have also been advised that Blin is not prepared to meet anyone "at the moment"; this is directly from him on an email to a mutual acquaintance. For the avoidance of doubt, I have not seen Blin's email.

Note also

One of the aims of these discussions
which does not preclude a change in the motions to be discussed i.e. there could still be changes to who they want removed and who they want in.

I would suggest that there is some fairly heated horse trading going on behind the scenes as Mather and Stockbridge struggle to keep their places on the Board/jobs and McCollCo continue to push P Murray and/or AN Other.

Blin is a shoe in.

That woukd be my top 2 choices. But its not enough. We have lost smith and murray and they gained easdale. One on one off doesnt even rectify that never mind make a proper change.

It's a bit difficult to conclude what 'side' Mather is when Smith and McCoist have backed him.

As for Bryan Smart, I know pretty much nothing about him.