The statement attributed to Mather via the club yesterday tells you what he's all about. It only causes confusion if on one hand, McColl and co are wanting him gone, and Ally/Walter are saying he's doing a good job.

Which statement are you referring to? This one? How was that statement attributed to Mather? Like I said at the time it repeatedly refers to Mather in the third person and it's got Easedale's fingerprints all over it.

As for blaming Walter and Ally, I'm not sure where you think you're going with that one.

The penny has just dropped for me.

I bet Traynor said "Jack Irvine of Media House does not speak for this Club" in that previous statement because he KNEW that Green & co's current men on the board were going to give Irvine a contract to fight their PR battle against McColl & co. He knew they were going to do it, so he seized an opportunity to tell the supporters that Irvine doesn't speak for the Club, he speaks for Green & co and their men on the board. Many of us knew that anyway of course....

It might well be that Mather knew that Easdale & Co were about to reappoint Media House and knew the damage it would cause; so told Traynor to get the retaliation in first.

Which statement are you referring to? This one? How was that statement attributed to Mather? Like I said at the time it repeatedly refers to Mather in the third person and it's got Easedale's fingerprints all over it.

As for blaming Walter and Ally, I'm not sure where you think you're going with that one.

Mather may not have written it, but it's singing his praises no end, so I'll assume he at least had the major input to it. I don't distinguish between any of them that had associations with Green. They all need chased away from the place asap.

I'm not blaming Ally/Walter for anything, but their backing of Mather is the one thing in this that I can't get my head around. Going by Ally's record with regards to endorsing our custodians, I think it would be better if he just stayed out of it. It's only confusing an already muddled situation. If the dust settles, and Mather is still on the board, then Green will still have a man on the inside, that he no longer merits. It may be harsh on Mather, but we will easily find a new CEO, more than qualified to do his job, at probably half the price.

Yes indeed, I suspect a large amount of "other expenses" might appear in the accounts.

They must be terrified that the new Directors come in and go through the books with a fine tooth comb and tell us where the money has actually gone.

It might well be that Mather knew that Easdale & Co were about to reappoint Media House and knew the damage it would cause; so told Traynor to get the retaliation in first.

If you watch the BT interview with Mather in light of today's announcement then it's obvious that Mather had taken instruction from Irvine and not Traynor.

If you watch the BT interview with Mather in light of today's announcement then it's obvious that Mather had taken instruction from Irvine and not Traynor.

I don't think Mather's position (or side of the fence) in all of this is cut and dry by any means, but I thought the fact that he was down in London along with Stockbridge to speak to Green & co's investors spoke volumes. If he was his own man and had any real strength in his position as CEO I fail to see why he would have needed to go to London with Stockbridge, but the hiring back of Green a few weeks ago combined with this Irvine situation would suggest that Mather doesn't wield any power and is essentially being told what to do by Green & co.

Regarding the Easdales and in particular James Easdale on our board, I still can't get my head around why his name wasn't on McColl's list of Directors to be removed in the requisition notice.