McCoist keen to bring Kenny Miller back to Ibrox

Rangers manager Ally McCoist has admitted he is keen to lure veteran striker Kenny Miller back to Ibrox.

The Scotland striker is currently under contract with the Vancouver Whitecaps until the summer of 2014, and McCoist has yet to hold any talks with the player.

Rangers remain under a transfer embargo and can recruit only free agents on September 1, and under the terms of Miller's contract with the MLS side, McCoist would not be able to sign him until January at the earliest.

But speaking after a 2-0 win over Berwick in the Ramsdens Cup, McCoist said: "Kenny would certainly interest me, I would be lying if I said he didn't interest me quite a lot.

"If there was an opportunity to get Kenny, I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't explore that. We will have to wait and see.

"I keep in touch with Kenny, but I haven't spoken to him since the day after the England game. In terms of the possibility of him coming here, I haven't spoken to him about that.

"I wouldn't rule it out. I'll certainly be making enquiries in the next wee while. If it's a possibility, it's an avenue we would look to possibly pursue.

"I don't know if Kenny would want to come, if we could afford him. There are millions of questions but I do think we need another forward."

McCoist also expects some of his players to depart the club before the current transfer window closes next week.

He added: "That's a possibility. There have been one or two enquiries made about one or two of our players.

"But it would be unfair of me to mention them because the players don't know yet and it's miles away from anything concrete happening."

Goals from Barrie McKay and Andy Little secured victory over Berwick and McCoist said: "I thought it was a solid performance and a well-deserved win."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11788/8892872/ally-mccoist-keen-to-bring-kenny-miller-back-to-rangers

Been done to death in the transfer thread mate.

Consensus seems to be we don't need him, or at least not at the type of wage he might want.

Yeah mate I know, just thought this might be worth posting as it seems to be a current affair for Ally.

I'd do a straight swap with Daly in a minute. Otherwise, it does seem a tad extravagant.

You cant be serious? Daly has been excellent imo since he came in. Good leader too. Big no thanks to KM for me. Been there done that

You cant be serious? Daly has been excellent imo since he came in. Good leader too. Big no thanks to KM for me. Been there done that

Deadly serious. Miller would be sitting on double figures if he had the game time Daly has had, so would Boyd for that matter. I just don't like the Daly type of player. Much rather have a Miller type any day of the week. Daly will be no use to us back at the top, much the same as Miller would be. I know who I would rather pay to watch.

Ally could have kept Kane Hemmings if he wanted another forward.

I lost confidence in McCoist last season when it became clear that he couldn't get any more out of the squad and claimed that the problem was a lack of players. Since then I've been won over by most of the performances this season. If Miller is signed I'll be back to having little, maybe no, confidence in McCoist.