August 31, 2013

The Team We All Adore

When all the dust has settled I expect the Easdales to be the power at Ibrox for a considerable time.

My understanding is that the Easdales see themselves as being the proprietors of Rangers and are in it for the long haul.

Sandy Easdale’s take-up of the remaining Charles Green shares is a big indicator of his intent to become Mr Rangers. Easdale is like a kid in the sweetie shop at Ibrox. He loves the club and has dreams of his boy running out in the Light Blue one day.

This love of the Gers, something every bluenose will resonate with, will not cloud Sandy Easdale’s business judgement. He and his brother James have built up a bus and taxi empire nudging towards £100 million by being shrewd operators and ruthless cost-cutters.

It is no secret that the Easdales are open to selling this business and this would allow them to concentrate on running Rangers.

Sandy Easdale sees Rangers as a club with the potential to be on the same levels as top EPL teams and bigger than even the likes of Arsenal. It is this potential which brought investment from institutional investors at the IPO.

Of course, there are those who are not happy at the Easdales’ involvement but that will have zero effect on their determination to turn the club into a formidable force once more.

For those detractors, I have bad news and good news.

The bad news is I understand that the Easdales want to make a lot of money from Rangers Football Club.

The good news is they are in it for the long haul and will likely only cash out when Rangers is the big player in European football the Easdales plan the club to be.

Whatever you think about it, the Easdales intend to be the future of Rangers Football Club.

It’s a brave man who will stand in their way.

What is needed at Ibrox is stability in the boardroom and at the club in general. Manager Ally McCoist doesn’t need the hassles generated by the civil war being waged at Ibrox.

This is why I have backed the present regime. Craig Mather and the other directors need to be given time to prove their worth at the club. Now that Charles Green and Imran Ahmad are effectively out of the equation, those left must be given the opportunity to make their mark.

It seems incredible that certain people are touting the involvement of three men who probably don’t have £2 worth of shares between them, while decrying people who are investing serious money to have shares in the club.

That is the crazy world Rangers supporters are living in these days.

It’s time we understood that backing the club means backing everything at the club. Including the directors. It’s a bit like being British. I have said some unkind things about Prime Minister David Cameron on this blog lately and I make no apologies. But I would oppose any attempt to oust him that was based on injustice and lies. And I would back Cameron to the hilt if he was making a genuine stand for British interests.

I didn’t agree with everything Charles Green did. If you read my blogs quite some time ago I was both sceptical and critical while others were fawning over him and giving him honorary memberships in their fan groups.

There comes a point where you just have to get behind your team and be an actual supporter, not a detractor. This doesn’t mean you must be sycophantic or ignore issues; it just means you learn to deal with things in a dignified manner.

Like many other Rangers fans I lament the lack of unity in our support. It saddens me to say it but I think there are some people in our fanbase who thrive on discord and sedition. These people just don’t want unity. They do, however, want power and for other bears to be obedient to them.

On this blog I have consistently said my loyalty is to Rangers. While Charles Green was there it was to the Green regime at Ibrox because that was who was running the club. Now that Green has left the building it is to the present regime.

As I have said in this piece, I fully expect the future at Rangers to be the Easdales and they will have my backing.

That might change and I might not like the way they do things.

The point of it all is if you don’t like the present regime there are honourable ways to go about it and dishonourable ways. There are ways that don’t damage the club and ways that do.

The present McColl takeover gambit is, for me, a destabilising and destructive move. Hence my opposition.

As I keep saying, it should be Rangers first.

We pride ourselves on tacking “Loyal” to ourselves as an identity.

Time for Rangers fans to really be The Rangers Loyal.

Not the Rangers Insurrection.

One more thing.

Let’s remember what it’s really all about.

The eleven men on the park in the famous Royal Blue.

My understanding is that the Easdales see themselves as being the proprietors of Rangers and are in it for the long haul.

I've seen a whole bunch of different fans saying that about the Easdales for a while now and more recently the Easdales have intimated as much themselves, so there's no scoop in that statement.

Easdale is like a kid in the sweetie shop at Ibrox.

Kids in sweetie shops have a tendency to fill their pockets on the fly.

This love of the Gers, something every bluenose will resonate with, will not cloud Sandy Easdale’s business judgement. He and his brother James have built up a bus and taxi empire nudging towards £100 million by being shrewd operators and ruthless cost-cutters.

There's no doubt they've got a few quid stashed here and there, but £100m empire? That sounds scarily like the media folk who printed the spin from Irvine about Craig Whyte being a billionaire.

Sandy Easdale sees Rangers as a club with the potential to be on the same levels as top EPL teams and bigger than even the likes of Arsenal. It is this potential which brought investment from institutional investors at the IPO.

That's the sort of moonbeam patter Charles Green was coming out with.

The bad news is I understand that the Easdales want to make a lot of money from Rangers Football Club.

No different from Green on that count either then.....

The good news is they are in it for the long haul and will likely only cash out when Rangers is the big player in European football the Easdales plan the club to be.

Wow, it as if Green wrote this script because that's exactly what he was saying too after he caught 'Rangersitis'. Here for the long haul, till this great club is restored and the Champions League music is playing and all the other nonsense that dribbled over his lips.

Whatever you think about it, the Easdales intend to be the future of Rangers Football Club.

Great Rangers men will be turning in their graves.

Jack Irvine was making these sort of thinly veiled threats on the Easdales behalf as well. It's quite comical to deny being involved in organised crime, then to have PR rats like Irvine & Media House make public threats on your behalf. Not very smart.

The present McColl takeover gambit is, for me, a destabilising and destructive move. Hence my opposition.

Previously it was his politics. Been told to calm that one down, have we?

What is needed at Ibrox is stability in the boardroom and at the club in general.

Fair enough, if you think the Easdales are going to bring stability you are entitled to your opinion. Quite why you think the kind of people we need on board, in both senses of the phrase, will be as impressed as you are by local transport tycoons with murky pasts eludes me at the moment.

It’s time we understood that backing the club means backing everything at the club.

Ironically, coming from such an uber-Brit, this could come straight from a Communist Party manifesto.

Edited by andy steel

When all the dust has settled I expect the Easdales to be the power at Ibrox for a considerable time.

Just confirms what I've been saying for some time.

Easdale is like a kid in the sweetie shop at Ibrox. He loves the club and has dreams of his boy running out in the Light Blue one day.

So how many years has he been a season ticket holder?

And the implied threats start already. :(

What is needed at Ibrox is stability in the boardroom

What is needed at Ibrox is a strong boardroom. A weak stable boardroom doesn't help the club.

It seems incredible that certain people are touting the involvement of three men who probably don’t have £2 worth of shares between them, while decrying people who are investing serious money to have shares in the club.

The number of shares seems to equal boardroom ability in McMurdo's sad world. Ability should be far more important.

It’s time we understood that backing the club means backing everything at the club. Including the directors.

That logic would have us backing everything that Whyte did while at Ibrox.

That might change and I might not like the way they do things.

But you're telling us to back the directors, Bill, even when we don't like the fact that they have allowed £22m to flow out the door. So which is it? Or is it that we only don't back the directors when you tell us? Or are you just being a hypocrite?

Let’s remember what it’s really all about.

The eleven men on the park in the famous Royal Blue.

Sorry, but you seem to be a bigger supporter of certain directors than the team or the club.

Edited by Zappa
swapping names in the quotes to reflect you're quoting McMurdo

Guest alfiebass

"As I have said in this piece, I fully expect the future at Rangers to be the Easdales and they will have my backing."

They are a long way from controlling the club, as for getting my support I'll hang off and see if they can come up with the ideas and cash to run a club the size of Rangers. My suspicion is that they have neither. If they did have the cash why not buy Green out when his shares are available in December, why wait until May?

The Easdales have certainly coughed up a few millions to get 10%ownership of Rangers which could be seriously diluted if Blin & Murray get control of the boardroom and have a second share issue underwritten by King who would then become major or majority shareholder.