The main real difference is that Rangers are not a typical 3rd tier club - they are a top tier club, playing in the 3rd. A normal 3rd tier LB would not get a look in.

I fully agree that Wallace is a far better player than just about anyone else in the league and probably the league above too. However, he's not being tested against similar quality every week and so he doesn't need to be at his best all the time, that's not the preparation required to play against a nation rated 10th in the world.

Don't ask me to name you a better Scottish left back currently because I can't, but you'd hope Strachan could.

I'm just don't feel playing at our level is what's required to play for Scotland, no matter how big a club we are. That's not our fault, it's a further indication of the poverty of the Scottish game and the people who run it.

I'm just don't feel playing at our level is what's required to play for Scotland, no matter how big a club we are. That's not our fault, it's a further indication of the poverty of the Scottish game and the people who run it.

Wallace has been playing consistently well since he signed - including when in the SPL. He is in the Scotland squad coz he's the best LB!!!

And yet he doesn't play!, a RB gets a game before him

That's a problem of the manager though, not where and against whom Wallace plays. Macleod was warming the bench for the u21s for 78 minutes, ending up with a 4-0 defeat. IMHO, neither Wallace or Macleod have to prove anything to warrant a place in their respective national teams. If the manager is too thick to see that, it is his fault. I'm just happy that both chaps come back unscathed.

whittaker is playing against these players week in week out.

almost every manager would pick him over wallace just now.

True, but he's getting his arse ripped by them week in week out as well. The only reason he's still in the Norwich team is that he's a decent attacker.

He's a strange player, not good enough to be a right winger not quite good enough to be a full back either, but easily good enough to play internationally and in one of the world's best leagues. Weird.