Amidst his unsurprising defence of Jack Irvine, it's interesting that Bill is suggesting a deal to avoid an EGM is 'likely'...

http://billmcmurdo.wordpress.com/2013/09/03/civil-war-stalemate/

The Ibrox Civil War may very well end in stalemate as both sides have similar levels of support and neither side will want it to go to a vote.

This means that a deal will likely be brokered. This deal would likely see Paul Murray and Frank Blin join the board along with Sandy Easdale and see John McClelland brought back as Chairman. No-one would leave.

My understanding is that, despite intense searching, no shares at all can be found on the register belonging to Blin, Murray or Jim McColl. This does not negate the requisition but means that it will now be led by Artemis.

Nonetheless a compromise is very likely and that means the rebels will get their place men on the board, only without the departures of Craig Mather and Brian Stockbridge.

That outcome may not be the worst thing ever provided all the board members pull together and start to fight for Rangers instead of over Rangers.

No-one would bet against the dirty tricks and smearing continuing, however, and the impasse may only delay a bloodbath.

That bloodbath is not what many fans want, although unfortunately there is a faction in the Gers support which seems intent on causing maximum disruption to the club.

There are all kinds of propaganda leaflets and such doing the rounds, all with one purpose – to destabilise the club and derail Rangers’ progress. There is also what is nothing short of a crusade against the man tasked with fighting the club’s corner against negative press and outright propaganda – Jack Irvine of Media House. This crusade – which is actually more of a witch hunt – is being carried out with far more fervour by some than they ever display against real enemies of Rangers.

One blogger today even attacked Jack Irvine for speaking disparagingly of Daily Record Editor Allan Rennie. It’s a bad day when you try to score points by defending Allan Rennie! Especially when said blogger has himself gone to town many times on Rennie in his own blog!

Another criticism of Jack Irvine concerns his giving an interview to Scotzine. It is Jack Irvine’s job to deal with and speak to media, even media considered hostile to Rangers. You might even say ESPECIALLY media hostile to Rangers.

I have written articles myself for Scotzine from a bluenose perspective. Like other media, it is a vehicle to get one’s point of view across.

The simple truth is that you can only work with the media that is available. If that media is hostile to Rangers, you have to work with it. With some justification bluenoses can point to certain media outlets and say they are anti-Rangers but the approach should not be to stick your head in the sand and ignore the media.

People should remember that those who are trying to destabilise the club have no problems using media outlets considered unfriendly to Rangers.

Jack Irvine is not answerable to Rangers fans. They don’t employ him. He IS accountable to the people paying his retainer and that is the Rangers board.

Who knows? Maybe Jack’s next interview will be with the Celtic View. If it is, he should be commended, not pilloried.

After all, light is most effective when it shines in a dark place…

The tragic aspect of Jack Irvine being retained to protect the Rangers board from a propaganda campaign is that most of that propaganda comes from a certain element in the Rangers fanbase who are hellbent on bringing maximum disruption to the club. This element seeks power and are ruthless in their pursuit of it.

Sad days indeed, for those who love the famous Glasgow Rangers.

Fair enough , Frankie but guys like McMurdo do more damage than good and his constant muddying of already muddy waters don't help anyone , anyway what wrong with fud , it's a good old fashioned term

Fair enough , Frankie but guys like McMurdo do more damage than good and his constant muddying of already muddy waters don't help anyone , anyway what wrong with fud , it's a good old fashioned term

Like I say, I understand all the issues but I'd rather users of this website refrained from the kind of abusive crap (however mild) that others suffer from. I think Rangers supporters are fed up of all the slanging matches so would prefer we didn't add to it.

I think Bill's behaviour has been disgraceful throughout but I don't need to call him anything to make that point.

Compromise might not be preferable, as suggested by McMurdo, but is perhaps the most likely outcome when you consider the various delays. Also, given McMurdo has access to GreenCo and Media House, I'd fancy he knows more than he is letting on about the ongoing negotiations. I do though think that McMurdo should make it clearer whether he is writing his blog in a paid capacity. In the interests of transparency, that is.

So this is Easdale, Mather etc favoured outcome.

'This means that a deal will likely be brokered. This deal would likely see Paul Murray and Frank Blin join the board along with Sandy Easdale and see John McClelland brought back as Chairman. No-one would leave.'

I wonder if it will appease McColl etc?

That's about the third time I have heard John McClelland's name being mentioned as Chairman recently. Smoke and fire or smoke and mirrors?

I guess it just shows the lack of imagination of those tasked with improving the board. I guess the guy has his positives but we seem to be getting closer to a previous failed regime than away from it.

That's about the third time I have heard John McClelland's name being mentioned as Chairman recently. Smoke and fire or smoke and mirrors?

He already the Chair of two public bodies (Scottish Funding Council and Skills Development Scotland), as is also Executive Chairman of NQC Ltd. I'd fancy he's not well placed to take up such a high profile and demanding position at this time.