can the whole board not be replaced at the AGM anyway???? If so, what real benefit is there of adding a couple of folk, then their positions be up for a vote a few weeks later.....

Yeah, I think that's correct but you'd fancy a deal would be done to avoid any shenanigans after the fact... ;)

can the whole board not be replaced at the AGM anyway???? If so, what real benefit is there of adding a couple of folk, then their positions be up for a vote a few weeks later.....

Because if they all stick together, none of them could then be voted off presumably.

But what climb down this would be for McCollCo.

Nothing more than the promised smearing of McColl et al, but done at one remove by one of his minions.

How I bitterly regret sticking up for this chap when he interviewed Alex Thomson. Frankly, I would trust Thomson to be more impartial than him nowadays.

Understand the criticism of the guy but, unlike him, let's keep it civil... :)

So we can't call someone who admits to giving interviews to Scotzine a total fud? Sorry Frankie, but that's OTT. It's a football forum, not a Sunday school picnic.

Are we not allowed to be abusive about Neil Lennon either?

Bluedell

So we can't call someone who admits to giving interviews to Scotzine a total fud? Sorry Frankie, but that's OTT. It's a football forum, not a Sunday school picnic

I would side with Frankie on this, sook sook.

I had no idea what a "fud" was until I looked it up just now:

Scottish slang term meaning pussy, vagina, muff, cunt

"Your a fud"

"I rolled over in bed and accidently kneed her in the fud. She woke with a scream and punched me in the balls"

I don't think there is any need for that either, I am sure that the vast majority of people on this site are more than articulate enough to make telling points without resorting to that kind of language.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

So if what McMurdo says is true - then Murray, Blin and McColl don't have a share between them or did I read it wrong?

I would find it extremely odd if they signed the requisition knowing that they didn't have any shares; that would seem like a fraud to me. Isn't it more likely that they do own shares but not in their own names.

I would find it extremely odd if they signed the requisition knowing that they didn't have any shares; that would seem like a fraud to me. Isn't it more likely that they do own shares but not in their own names.

Perhaps, they are in with Artemis or are representing other investors.

But to not have at least 1 share in your own name seems odd to me. I may be wrong I'm not sure how this part of the financial world works

So if what McMurdo says is true - then Murray, Blin and McColl don't have a share between them or did I read it wrong?

Exactly. There's no way Murray, Blin and McColl would have signed the requisition if they weren't shareholders. These insinuations that they don't own shares is a dirty tactic to try to sway fan & small shareholders' opinions. To think that McMurdo is bleating on about that tripe on purpose to spin Irvine & the spivs' propaganda at the same time as repeatedly harping on about how the big bad requisition signatories are using dirty tactics is gutter level stuff from Bill. Truly disgusting.

Perhaps, they are in with Artemis or are representing other investors.

But to not have at least 1 share in your own name seems odd to me. I may be wrong I'm not sure how this part of the financial world works

As forlanssister explained on another thread, "unless you specifically request (and pay extra) any shares bought in the market would normally be held in nominee accounts which mask beneficial ownership".