Bilel Mohsni: Rangers can win every league game

4108418155.jpg

NEW recruit Bilel Mohsni believes Rangers have the potential to win every league game this season after enjoying an emphatic start to the Scottish League One.

The Light Blues sit at the top of the table with a 100 per cent record and 18 goals from four games so far.

Mohsni is well aware that some teams will pose problems with their staunch defensive displays but he says Rangers have the quality to overcome every other side in the division.

He said: “I hope we can win every game, although it will be difficult.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/bilel-mohsni-rangers-can-win-every-league-game-1-3075505

I don't think that winning every game is entirely unrealsistic on the evidence so far (granted all the wins have been against "bottom half" teams, but one reason that they are in the bottom half is that we have only played 4 games and beaten each of them in one of them), I think we will win this league a lot easier than the SFL3.

A) We have a better team (and haven't had anything like our strongest team out so far)

B) The opposition are a bit better and in strange kind of way that makes them easier to play against.

But in reality undefeated is a fairer target.

However, I think if McCoist were to set a target of winning every game (and I know he won't); it might stretch the players, although he would be accused of being disrespectful to the other teams.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I know some see it as an excuse, but the worst of the weather will have an impact, too. You can see a few draws or worse being played out on a miserable January afternoon, with the wind howling and the rain coming across sideways. Ability is more or less leveled by attritional conditions.

But yeah, I can see the team going unbeaten for long stretches. The whole season is a bit unrealistic, I feel.

ahh the kiss of death. the football equivalent of waking up with a horses head sharing your pillow. well probably get cuffedthe next time we play now.

In the days when players were handed a special interview in the Rangers News ahead of an important game, it became a tendency that this player a) didn't even play, b) got send-off or c) produced a woeful performance. The last time I had someone going on in a similar way was Whittaker, straight his fault handed Malmö that great advantage. He proclaimed we would go to Sweden and get the result required. It took him less than half an our in the game after that statement to get himself sent-off.

Football Fortune is capricious. It would be a great feat to get through the league (!) season undefeated, but I don't expect it.