Jon Daly's biggest attribute is his physical strength and aerial prowess. Met his match in Marvin Andrews though.

We shouldnt have been lumping it long anyway. Did McCulloch not play up top against Forfar in the Cup defeat ? One of McCulloch's biggest attributes is his aerial prowess too - it clearly didnt work then... so why would McCoist think it would work now - Daly for McCulloch, not that much of a change.

Dods and Andrews.... MONSTERS in the air (more so big Marv but Dods is no slouch in the air)... however, Dods and Andrews on the ground.... (almost) slower than me (and I am SLOW !!!) - so why go with Daly up top on his own and punt it long to him ?

At least have Shiels, Little or McKay playing in behind him (preferably one of the former two... and use McKay wide), get the ball to feet and have Shiels/McKay forcing Dods and Marv to have to turn - when the game is played in front of them all day then they will lap it up.

I am no Pro Licence coach but I DO know that slow CB's are at their most effective when not having to turn and can just put their head on the ball and lump it back from whence it came.

Tactical naivety for sure.

Sorry SA, quoted you... but my post really isnt a rebuttal of yours.... Apologies

... plus wind, pitch, and lack of support.

Lame excuses (save for tactical support).

The wind is the same for both teams. Forfar handled it better than we did.

Pitch isnt really an issue if you are lumping the ball up in the air for most of the game as the ball isnt touching the pitch....

There was no wind then?

Was the same for both teams. Did you hear Forfer blame the wind for their defeat ? No, neither did I.

Why blame the wind - the wind wont impact the ball if you keep it on the deck.

Dont put the ball up in the air where the wind can affect it....

Instead of phoning Zaliukas to ask if he's made a decision, Ally, Mather or someone else should have been phoning him to say the offer is no longer on the table. Done.

I wouldnt mind Zaliukas at the club but we would be better waiting till January and seeing if we can get rid of some CB's first.

He is better than most of the CB's we have at the club so would improve us - but we dont need him IN ADDITION to what we have.

It is very clear we will win this league so no need to rush out and sign him. Further, he doesnt seem to be inundated with offers either - so the longer he delays the less we have to pay him IF he signs.

I wouldnt mind Zaliukas at the club but we would be better waiting till January and seeing if we can get rid of some CB's first.

He is better than most of the CB's we have at the club so would improve us - but we dont need him IN ADDITION to what we have.

It is very clear we will win this league so no need to rush out and sign him. Further, he doesnt seem to be inundated with offers either - so the longer he delays the less we have to pay him IF he signs.

if we're serious about doing well in the SC then Zaliukas is the type of player we'd need. However this whole thing is dragging on far too long