Big notable differences will be Boca/Goian/Alexander off the wage bill and new deal with Sports Direct/Puma bringing in revenue.

Exactly, I don't have the article to hand however Mather states the wage bill is lower than last year and revenues were increasing. (Most likely due to Blackthorn,Puma and Sports Direct)

While I think that Zaliuskas would be a decent signing, the fact of the matter is...we don't need him. At the moment, we have plenty of decent cover at the back.

Come January if we are able to move a couple on, then we can bring in replacements. It may mean we miss out on this player, but there will be others available.

While we offer a contract to Zaliukas.

Seemingly a very good prospect.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24146552

Stuart Urquhart: Coventry City sign teenage defender from Rangers

Coventry City have signed teenage defender Stuart Urquhart on a three-year contract from Rangers.

The 18-year-old was out of contract at Ibrox but, because he was offered a new deal by Rangers in the summer, the Sky Blues have had to agree a compensation package with the Glasgow giants.

After their latest takeover this summer City remain under a transfer embargo.

Stuart Urquhart is a player I've had my eye on for some time

Steven Pressley

Coventry City manager

But they also have special Football League dispensation to operate on a one player in, one player out basis.

Since the embargo was reinforced following the purchase of the club by Otium in June, five players have left.

This allows them to sign any five new players who are on no more than 75% of the wages of the relevant departed player, starting with the Scotland Under-18s captain.

"Stuart is a player I've had my eye on for some time," said manager Steven Pressley, himself a former Rangers player. "I believe he has a great future ahead of him.

"He will come into our Under-21 development squad set-up but, as we have shown this season, the path to the first team is there for every player - no matter how old they are - if they work hard and impress."

Coventry, now playing their football 34 miles down the road in Northampton at Sixfields, currently stand 20th in League One - level on points with two of the teams in the League One drop zone.

But they have lost once in seven games, having started the season on -10 points, after being punished for going into administration for the second season running.

So Zaliukas hasn't decided? He either wants to sign for the biggest club in Scotland or he doesn't. I can understand if he wants to play at a higher level but he will eventually.

Personally I was hoping he'd sign, he be a good solid signing and is no worse than what we have at the back now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24146552

Stuart Urquhart: Coventry City sign teenage defender from Rangers

Coventry City have signed teenage defender Stuart Urquhart on a three-year contract from Rangers.

The 18-year-old was out of contract at Ibrox but, because he was offered a new deal by Rangers in the summer, the Sky Blues have had to agree a compensation package with the Glasgow giants.

After their latest takeover this summer City remain under a transfer embargo.

Stuart Urquhart is a player I've had my eye on for some time

Steven Pressley

Coventry City manager

But they also have special Football League dispensation to operate on a one player in, one player out basis.

Since the embargo was reinforced following the purchase of the club by Otium in June, five players have left.

This allows them to sign any five new players who are on no more than 75% of the wages of the relevant departed player, starting with the Scotland Under-18s captain.

"Stuart is a player I've had my eye on for some time," said manager Steven Pressley, himself a former Rangers player. "I believe he has a great future ahead of him.

"He will come into our Under-21 development squad set-up but, as we have shown this season, the path to the first team is there for every player - no matter how old they are - if they work hard and impress."

Coventry, now playing their football 34 miles down the road in Northampton at Sixfields, currently stand 20th in League One - level on points with two of the teams in the League One drop zone.

But they have lost once in seven games, having started the season on -10 points, after being punished for going into administration for the second season running.

I hadn't realised we were still quite such a basket case that a move to Coventry City - ! - was considered a good career move.

Looks like Urquart is being moved on so Zaliukas can be shoehorned in. If so, I find this profoundly depressing. If a promising youngster can develop his career in England's lower leagues, then why could he not do it at least equally well in Scotland's? The one thing I thought demotion would allow us to do would be to give a core group of youths - say 6 or 7 - the chance to grow together and maybe sell on for a decent fee. Instead we seem set on recruiting ageing soldiers of fortune who will be all be too old when we eventually return to the top flight. Then it all starts again: no good youngsters to stock the team , but a succession of temporary (but experienced) signings. Meanwhile Urquart will probably make a name for himself together with team mate John Fleck. I find it baffling that we need so many experienced players for the standard of football we find ourselves in.