No, it wasn't even advertised.

A few unsolicited CV's were sent in and one was shown the board.

http://www.thecoplandroad.org/2013/08/a-look-at-fans-meeting-at-ibrox.html :

"Moving on to another subject a fan wished to query Mather’s appointment as CEO, even going as far as to describe it as "appalling." Mather responded, "I was asked about the Chief Exec position and it was categorically my decision to take it on an interim basis. People say there was no advertisement but it was in every paper in the UK. We received a number of CVs and interviews were held. I did my job and the board came back to me and I was appointed 3 months later."

http://www.thecoplandroad.org/2013/08/a-look-at-fans-meeting-at-ibrox.html :

"Moving on to another subject a fan wished to query Mather’s appointment as CEO, even going as far as to describe it as "appalling." Mather responded, "I was asked about the Chief Exec position and it was categorically my decision to take it on an interim basis. People say there was no advertisement but it was in every paper in the UK. We received a number of CVs and interviews were held. I did my job and the board came back to me and I was appointed 3 months later."

Not how I recall the same meeting.

The only interview mentioned was his own.

Not how I recall the same meeting.

The only interview mentioned was his own.

Was it advertised in every paper in the UK? Don't buy them so would never see myself but I'm surprised pics were never taken and whored about the 'net.

Was it advertised in every paper in the UK? Don't buy them so would never see myself but I'm surprised pics were never taken and whored about the 'net.

i think as per usual they are playing with words. every paper had the story about our ceo leaving. no doubt a few threw in cv's.

Wasn't advertised at all Mather was alluding to the coverage of Green's resignation being in every paper in the country.