Leggat - JOHN GREIG AND LEGENDS’ SHAMEFUL SILENCE

IT is now more than a week since Craig Mather promised there would be an investigation into Rangers’ £100,000-a-year spin doctor Jack Irvine’s slur on the Greatest Ever Ranger, John Greig.

Nobody is holding their breath awaiting an outcome which would see Rangers chief executive Mather announce that Irvine has been sacked for insulting John Greig.

However, it is now also a week since the three main bodies of Rangers fans, the Association, the Assembly and the Trust released a statement defending Greig, attacking Irvine and calling for Irvine to be given the boot.

So far the only response, the only anger expressed and the only call for Irvine - who also acts in the shadows for James and Sandy Easdale - to be sacked has come from Rangers supporters

And in that time what have we heard from the legions of Rangers legends who played with John Greig? From the army of stars who played for him? And from the well paid players of the nine-in-a-row era and after when Greig was a director and in and around the club’s training ground on a daily basis?

Nothing, that’s what. Not a cheap, nary a whimper. And that is a disgrace. It is shameful and cowardly.

Especially as many of these ex players put their names to lucrative ghost written columns in the two top selling daily papers in Scotland. In fact one, like Greig a former Rangers and Scotland captain, Barry Ferguson, has only recently joined the paid ranks of the Daily Record and is perfectly placed to let rip.

But the silence has been deafening. Why? Are all of these former Rangers players harbouring dark secrets in their private lives which they fear that peddler of the dark arts, Jack Irvine will expose?

If so, what about Andy Goram, a regular on the pages of Scotland’s biggest selling paper, the Sun? What could Irvine threaten The Goalie with? That he’s been a bevy merchant? A serial shagger? A gambler?

Sorry, Irvine, but every paper in the land has splashed those stories over the years.

So go for it Goalie. Defend John Greig.

Of course, it could be that both the Record and the Sun have refused to allow anyone access to their pages to defend John Greig, as that would be tantamount to those papers being seen to attack Jack Irvine.

Maybe Sun editor Andy Harries and Record editor Allan Rennie live in terror of Jack Irvine and despite now knowing what Irvine really thinks of them as I have revealed, they are too frightened of him to take him on.

Jack Irvine is, as I have said, a deeply unpleasant wee man, who probably suffers from wee man syndrome. It is time for the editors of Scotland’s top two selling daily newspapers to call him out.

And time for the Rangers players who were John Greig’s team mates, who played for him and who knew him in more recent times when he was still a valued club employee and director, to defend John Greig. And call for Jack Irvine’s head to be delivered on an old cracked china plate. A silver salver’s too good for the runt.

This may well be highly controversial....

Maybe there is a reason for the lack of defence of John Grieg......maybe there is nothing to defend!!!

Maybe all those that Leggat is looking to defend are actually thinking "Lovely guy, Rangers to the core....but maybe best not to submit the MENSA application"

I don't know Mr Grieg at all & I've no idea what sort of many he is.

In saying that, it gives Mr Irvine no excuse or pardon for his alleged comments.

Maybe the ex-players don't think it that important a story. I don't recall Greig rushing to the Goalie's defence when he was being pilloried by the press. They may also not have any knowledge of Greig's input as a director. Crap point by Leggat.

Edited by Bluedell

I reckon we all know that the email is being used to weaken Mr Irvine, not to protect John Greig.

Bit of both, but almost certainly leaning towards what you're suggesting. We need big sticks to batter Irvine with though, not damp twigs like this.

I don't know why people still bother posting Leggat's articles on Rangers forums.

I don't know why people bother commenting on a Leggat thread if they don't want to read it?,that;s why the thread title states who the wrote the thread ?.

I don't know why people bother commenting on a Leggat thread if they don't want to read it?,that;s why the thread title states who the wrote the thread ?.

Exactly. So long as "Leggat" or "Leggo" or whatever is in the title, then people know it's a blog article from him and can decide whether or not to read it.