We really need to hammer these lying corrupt shower of bigots every time they start their propaganda against us, especially at the moment as the general public have lost a lot of faith with the BBC. That and the government are shining a bright light into the dark recesses of the BBC. we will never have a better opportunity to prove their anti-Rangers bias and propaganda lies than at this time.

We really need to hammer these lying corrupt shower of bigots every time they start their propaganda against us, especially at the moment as the general public have lost a lot of faith with the BBC. That and the government are shining a bright light into the dark recesses of the BBC. we will never have a better opportunity to prove their anti-Rangers bias and propaganda lies than at this time.

They covered Jimmy Saville up for about 20+ years what chance is there of worrying about Spence calling Rangers a new club.

What saddens me is that when we first went into administration etc we were united as a support, even if only briefly. We marched together, stood defiant together, created world records together. I think we all looked back (emotionally at times) to what brought us to be Rangers Men, and it gave us fire together. I rekindled some lovely memories of my dad, who has since passed, and me standing on the slopes of Ibrox, which I had previously suppressed because I missed him too much to re-visit.

We should be standing together as Rangers Men. I will tell every young fan on this forum - in the 60s, 70s and 80s if this had been happening then Rangers fans would have stood together and brought the place to a standstill. When we went to the games back then rival gangs beat the shit out of each other in the Rangers end and outside, but when it came time for the fans to stand together - boy was it a different story! What have we got now? We are so fragmented because of this very thing I am using now i.e. Internet Forums. FF, RM, Vanguard whatever - what a load of modern day shite - I'm sorry.

We shouldn't be waiting on a Traynor, trying to overthrow an Irvine etc. As a support we have the power to change things together, but I fear my longing for the united Rangers Men of the past is lost in this petty fragmented new world.

Edited by Anchorman

What saddens me is that when we first went into administration etc we were united as a support, even if only briefly. We marched together, stood defiant together, created world records together. I think we all looked back (emotionally at times) to what brought us to be Rangers Men, and it gave us fire together. I rekindled some lovely memories of my dad, who has since passed, and me standing on the slopes of Ibrox, which I had previously suppressed because I missed him too much to re-visit.

We should be standing together as Rangers Men. I will tell every young fan on this forum - in the 60s, 70s and 80s if this had been happening then Rangers fans would have stood together and brought the place to a standstill. When we went to the games back then rival gangs beat the shit out of each other in the Rangers end and outside, but when it came time for the fans to stand together - boy was it a different story! What have we got now? We are so fragmented because of this very thing I am using now i.e. Internet Forums. FF, RM, Vanguard whatever - what a load of modern day shite - I'm sorry.

We shouldn't be waiting on a Traynor, trying to overthrow an Irvine etc. As a support we have the power to change things together, but I fear my longing for the united Rangers Men of the past is lost in this petty fragmented new world.

Sorry Anchorman but it was not all roses in those days. I remember going to matches where there were only 15.000 supporters. There were no computers so communication between supporters was only on match day. Of course there were no feuds between FF and RM they didn't exist. I remember regularly gang fights at the Haugh Ferry with the Drummy Derry the Maryhill Fleet and the Haugh Chunky. That was Rangers fans trying to knife each other I actually take my hat off to the present day supporters I think they are doing a fantastic job. Even on bad days the crowds have never fell anywhere near 15.000.

Sorry Anchorman but it was not all roses in those days. I remember going to matches where there were only 15.000 supporters. There were no computers so communication between supporters was only on match day. Of course there were no feuds between FF and RM they didn't exist. I remember regularly gang fights at the Haugh Ferry with the Drummy Derry the Maryhill Fleet and the Haugh Chunky. That was Rangers fans trying to knife each other I actually take my hat off to the present day supporters I think they are doing a fantastic job. Even on bad days the crowds have never fell anywhere near 15.000.

Why do I bother? I'm not talking about the names of the gangs (you doing it proves no point whatsoever). Tongs, Cumbie, Fleeto, Wee Men - who is impressed? Nobody! Nor does your talk of knives etc. It only backs up what I said in my post about gangs beating the shit out of each other.

So your post at the end of the day boils down to crowd sizes, and your summation is that today's support are fantastic in comparison to the support of those days. Missed my point by a country mile.

I remember going to matches where there were 7,000. I also remember going to matches where we could fill any stadium in the world when in mattered. What is your point about crowd sizes? 48,000 in Ibrox these days are only united by 4 walls. Completely divided mentally!

What I meant was that back then I remember more togetherness as a support when being attacked by outsiders (maybe my memory is fluffed), and there was a recognition that we were Rangers Men together. I often go along to Ibrox these days and watch guys selling tickets way over the actual ticket price on big games. Can anybody remember what used to happen back then when someone tried to fleece fellow Rangers fans like that? I do and it wasn't pretty.

I don't want to take over this thread with this argument so I'm happy to agree to disagree.

Edited by Anchorman

Have our 'lawyers' ever carried through any of their intent? On one count I imagine they are much like our scouting network (nada) on the other I'm afraid they carry through with their intent and get a fat 300k bonus for their efforts like the rest of the misfits on our boardfor doing diddly squat.

ho hum, at least we have Murray era throw backs to look forward to eh?

As one the RST twitter guys (soon to be retired) I can honestly state unity was as far away then as it is now. We had one weekend at Hampden then the shite began again. All through this shite I've yet to witness unity of any kind. I will kindly stick down a grand or two to anyone who can prove otherwise. In fact (with deep regret) I will bet my life and anyone else that no one can prove me wrong. Who's up for an actual bet then?

See, this is what happens if the Bears actually "act" ...

BBC says sorry over Spence's Rangers comments

Martin Williams

Monday 9 September 2013

THE BBC has apologised after receiving over 400 complaints about BBC Scotland presenter Jim Spence who referred to Rangers as "the old club that died".

Mr Spence provoked the ire of Rangers fans after making the comments on the Sportsound radio show about attempts to end a boardroom civil war by appointing four additional non-executive directors, including former Ibrox chairman John McClelland, bus tycoon Sandy Easdale, former director Paul Murray and accountant Frank Blin.

Herald

BBC sorry to fans

THE BBC has apologised after receiving more than 400 complaints about presenter Jim Spence who referred to Rangers as "the old club that died".

Mr Spence provoked the ire of Rangers fans after making the comments on the Sportsound radio show about attempts to end a boardroom civil war by appointing four additional non-executive directors, including former Ibrox chairman John McClelland, bus tycoon Sandy Easdale, former director Paul Murray and accountant Frank Blin.

It comes three months after the BBC Trust ruled that BBC Scotland breached its guidelines on accuracy in reports about the financial collapse of the holding company running Rangers.

Evening Times

It's not an apology though, is it?

In fact, Spence is suggesting the opposite is true - whereby BBC Scotland are going to challenge their own Trust on this.

There's going to be a good article on TRS about this today... ;)