Well, we actually don't know the apology just yet, only that they apparently have apologized. (Reminds us of those announcements of upcoming announcements / statements ...)

No, the 'apology' is in the Herald article - which has been taken from the unacceptable reply to those bears that have complained.

"BBC Scotland, which carried out a review of Sportsound, has apologised to fans. A spokesman said: "Jim Spence did not state that the club had died but, in the context of a discussion about former board members joining the club, commented that there are some people who hold this particular view. I do agree that the attributed comment could have been better phrased within the live piece and I am sorry if you were offended by this."

That's not an apology.

No, the 'apology' is in the Herald article - which has been taken from the unacceptable reply to those bears that have complained.

"BBC Scotland, which carried out a review of Sportsound, has apologised to fans. A spokesman said: "Jim Spence did not state that the club had died but, in the context of a discussion about former board members joining the club, commented that there are some people who hold this particular view. I do agree that the attributed comment could have been better phrased within the live piece and I am sorry if you were offended by this."

That's not an apology.

I agree, it's not an apology.

However, it is most significant in that Jim Spence has become THE STORY.

Jum will have to change his bye-line to, 'Jum Spence, baiting Rangers supporters from the safety of the east coast'.

Still think we're taking it too far, because nothing more will be done. Already seen the ranks close behind the idiot.

Email agreed with fans it was badly put (de facto chastisement of the idiot), papers reporting it as an apology. If people are looking for Spence to kneel in the rain outside Pacific Quay and beg our forgiveness they're going to be disappointed - we've squeezed this one for as much as we'll get.

Course, I could be wrong, and the Trust will suggest sacking him.

Still think we're taking it too far, because nothing more will be done. Already seen the ranks close behind the idiot.

Email agreed with fans it was badly put (de facto chastisement of the idiot), papers reporting it as an apology. If people are looking for Spence to kneel in the rain outside Pacific Quay and beg our forgiveness they're going to be disappointed - we've squeezed this one for as much as we'll get.

Course, I could be wrong, and the Trust will suggest sacking him.

Normally, I'd agree with the ignorance is bliss strategy but it's important we follow through earlier victories with the Trust by forcing through their own rules...

Have the BBC stopped going after our fans for dodgy songs ever since UEFA ruled against us in days of yore...?

The best course of action is to report any similar offences/comments etc.

Each individual complaint will most likely be met with the same de facto response, however someone will eventually notice the number of instances mounting up to the point that it can't be ignored or brushed under the carpet.

Normally, I'd agree with the ignorance is bliss strategy but it's important we follow through earlier victories with the Trust by forcing through their own rules...

Have the BBC stopped going after our fans for dodgy songs ever since UEFA ruled against us in days of yore...?

It's hardly ignorance is bliss. It is knowing when you have won and when the other party is on the back foot. Had it been complaint-response-media reporting, the story as it stands today would have been all about BBC Scotland and Spence. As it is, it is about the twitter shambles of Spiers/Keevins. We only need to recognise that sometimes, when you win even a tiny victory, rather than charge forward looking for a bigger one there is more to be gained by digging in where you are.

The only people who expose Rangers FC to trouble over dodgy songs is the supporters of Rangers FC. Unless the Beeb put a 1980's oundtrack over a modern game (I wouldn't put it past them, mind you) we control that agenda.