Sharing half of our gate money with our league opponents would drive me further from watching football in Scotland. Be it I only watch us, seeing diddy teams reap the rewards of our loyal and fanatical fanbase could easily be the last straw. My feelings are nothing to do with what happened during administration either.

Perhaps if our peers (top league sides) could attract 20/30k crowds then I might give it a shot, but no other side other than the tims gets close. Something like this would be the ultimate 'victims of your success' story.

you could go to away games.

That wouldn't resolve anything.

Does anyone actually believe things will get better by sharing half of our gate money? Might be more competitive but that doesn't mean it will be a better product.

Edited by Stimpy

things certainly were better when we did. however given these days the money just flows out of football to players (and spiv owners) then no i don't believe it would help now.

Back then the disparity in crowds wasn't so big either, dude.

Gate sharing is an appalling, laughable idea. It would basically be the equivalent of a hard working man working all week then handing out half his wallet to some homeless, idiot junkie.

Also, the old firm should be getting a far greater slice of money in the Scottish game. In other countries the bigger clubs get all the money and it makes them stronger for Europe.

Here we can either have no decent sides for Europe or we can have potentially two. Out with the old firm, every team is atrocious and the best success any of them can ever hope for is getting past Barry Town in the first europa league qualifier.

I'm not sure you're being serious. You're familiar with the concept of income tax I assume where a 'hard working man' hands over a percentage of his wallet for the greater good. Works not too badly on the whole.

When we had fair gate splits our league was very competitive in Europe, it's gone downhill rapidly since we decided to get greedy.

if these teams want something like this then they need to play a part.

the ayreshire teams will have to merge. same with dundee lanarkshire etc.

it would need to be part of a much grander plan. no point rangers propping up tiny clubs averaging 1000 fans.

That's appallingly arrogant. Why should clubs with decades of history and support merge?