Black gets a 10 match ban with 7 of them suspended

Realpolitik.

We got rid of a high earning waste of a shirt who clearly wanted to be elsewhere. Completely hypocritical but I'd do it again tomorrow in the same circumstances because, bluntly, we're not here to set a moral code for the game.

That's interesting. You don't feel we've some responsibility on that score, the moral code I mean?

"I know the lad and I know what he’s like."

No you don't Ally or he would be nowhere near our club and that has nothing to do with his gambling habit which he has.

“There is no problem with his commitment as a player"

Again, i disagree. His lifestyle is not conducive to a good professional career.

“You could argue we’re maybe a little unfortunate it’s one of our players and our club again"

I would argue it's another part of this agenda against our club.

Not Allys best interview.

That's interesting. You don't feel we've some responsibility on that score, the moral code I mean?

Ideally I'd love us to be paragons of virtue, but having listened to Tam Cowan bleat on about how we HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD to sack Black because we sacked Sandaza, I'm in no mood to do anything our enemies wish us to do.

Having watched David Murray run the place for decades (you know my politics) I gave up on hoping for any kind of morality in the game. The example from south of the border is just the logical conclusion of where its been going for years and years, and I can't see any gestures made by Rangers being anything more than that.

That said, I will never be reconciled to Ian Black wearing a blue jersey and if the club wanted to bag him I wouldn't mind in the least. But - realpolitik again - as a club we are in the shitter and Black looks like he may play a small and hopefully quickly forgotten role in getting us up a few leagues.

We need to hold back the horses - Black is very much in Ally's plans (not like the dire Sandaza) Rangers have a history of 'bampots' on the playing staff and not suffered from it, in fact you could say the occasional bampot has been great for team morale. Black is good for team morale youngsters look up to him so for that reason he get's my vote.