I think the withdrawal of Blin also heralds the withdrawal of McColl although he may not shout it from the roof tops. More likely he will just let the AGM run its course and fade away quietly into the background ... again.

Walking away from this would be embarrassing for Jim McColl and I doubt very much if he's a quitter, so I can't see him walking or fading away. He may do so temporarily if the current board are re-elected at the AGM, but I'd like to think that he wouldn't give up after losing one battle and would find a way to win the war, even if it meant him having to buy a majority shareholding.

Walking away from this would be embarrassing for Jim McColl and I doubt very much if he's a quitter, so I can't see him walking or fading away. He may do so temporarily if the current board are re-elected at the AGM, but I'd like to think that he wouldn't give up after losing one battle and would find a way to win the war, even if it meant him having to buy a majority shareholding.

He gave up on that bid Walter Smith fronted last June pretty quickly

it failed immediately in fairness.

where else do you go after that.

Well after making a song and dance about it they made one bid offering a very small profit (not including legal fees etc) and totally gave up once it failed.

I realise that isn't the same as what's going on now but I think you can get my point.