Keeper Simonsen signs deal. Gallacher & Mitchell go out on loan

Deal till the end of the season apparently...

@RFC_Official: #Rangers can confirm tonight they have signed 34-year old goalkeeper Steve Simonsen until the end of the season: http://t.co/FFOrJANCaM

@RFC_Official: .@andymitch8 has also gone out on loan to @AnnanAthleticFC & Scott Gallacher has joined @AirdrieoniansFC on loan: http://t.co/FFOrJANCaM

Friday, 13 September 2013 16:55

Simonsen Signs On

Written by Rangers Football Club

RANGERS can confirm tonight they have signed 34-year old goalkeeper Steve Simonsen until the end of the season.

Steve Simonsen said: “I am delighted to join such a massive Club as Rangers. I have enjoyed my time training with the squad and everyone has made me feel very welcome in the short time I have been here and I am looking forward to the challenges ahead with this great Club.”

Andrew Mitchell has also gone out on loan to Annan Athletic for the next 3 months and Scott Gallacher has joined Airdrie on loan for 3 months

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/5077-simonsen-signs-on

Wonder how much Simonsen is on?

It's embarrassing seeing us operate on such a grand scale to climb out of the 3rd tier of Scottish football.

Surely, if Bell got injured, then it's the IDEAL opportunity to blood a youngster, Gallacher/Smith/Kelly ?

What kind of message does it send to these guys? The old line of needing experience to win titles is moot in these divisions.

I honestly think we'll be in admin for Christmas, they'll sell the stadium and lease it back and sell Murray Park.

Wonder how much Simonsen is on?

It's embarrassing seeing us operate on such a grand scale to climb out of the 3rd tier of Scottish football.

Surely, if Bell got injured, then it's the IDEAL opportunity to blood a youngster, Gallacher/Smith/Kelly ?

What kind of message does it send to these guys? The old line of needing experience to win titles is moot in these divisions.

I honestly think we'll be in admin for Christmas, they'll sell the stadium and lease it back and sell Murray Park.

It shows our board of directors and CEO to be completely incompetent because there's no way we should be signing more players, especially not a 34 year old goalkeeper.

Won't surprise me in the slightest if Mather allows Ally to sign Zaliukas too which will mean increasing the wage bill even more.

Decent signing again by Ally IMO. We need an experienced back up for Bell. Best to get Gallacher out on loan & game time which he wouldn't get with us. Let's Ally see how good he really is. McGregor did this in his younger days with us where he went out on loan to Dunfermline & somebody else I can't remember. Did him no harm.

Ally needs to win SC this season (or at least get to final) . Needs better players than we had last season to do this

Simonsen's salary is probably covered by Mitchell & Gallacher's loan moves.

Mitchell & Gallacher are going on loan to clubs that probably don't pay their players any more than a few hundred quid a week mate, so their wages won't be getting picked up in full by those clubs. Simonsen on the other hand, will probably have gotten a deal worth 2 or 3 grand a week off us.

Mitchell & Gallacher are going on loan to clubs that probably don't pay their players any more than a few hundred quid a week mate, so their wages won't be getting picked up in full by those clubs. Simonsen on the other hand, will probably have gotten a deal worth 2 or 3 grand a week off us.

Simonsen was without club and his last club was Dundee - I dont think he will be getting 3k a week.