I still think I'm that man for that job. Articulate and astute, I unite the fanbase as well, in that everyone thinks I'm a handwringer.

We'll never unite behind someone we all like, so why not someone we can't stand?

#Steel2014

Rangers need a man of Steel!

Maybe see you in The Thick of It sometime...

Perhaps we need a Truth & Reconciliation Commission first, Chaired by Kofi Annan or Senator George Mitchell!

A broad based membership scheme, with democratically elected reps would be a start. The Trust, Assembly and Association could all be accommodated under that umbrella in my view (perhaps in a TUC- like arrangement) retaining their current structure or merging in time as they see fit. The key point is that they would be an Independant voice (or voices) advising the Club's members and influencing the elected reps.

The Assembly is already supposed to be the umbrella organisation, so under a membership scheme structure there would probably be no need for the Assembly to continue as the membership scheme would essentially replace it. This is apparently a significant problem needing overcome because certain members & supporters of the Assembly are dead set against replacing it with a membership scheme.

The Assembly is already supposed to be the umbrella organisation, so under a membership scheme structure there would probably be no need for the Assembly to continue as the membership scheme would essentially replace it. This is apparently a significant problem needing overcome because certain members & supporters of the Assembly are dead set against replacing it with a membership scheme.

Do you know what the Assembly's main issue with it is? Concern over loss of influence, or a more principled objection?

Do you know what the Assembly's main issue with it is? Concern over loss of influence, or a more principled objection?

AFAIK, it's not that the Assembly as a whole has an issue with a membership scheme, it's that certain people involved with the Assembly continue to believe in the value of the Assembly as the fan's official umbrella group and direct link with the club.

The Assembly has seemed defunct for most of the past couple of years while the shit has been hitting the fan though, so it's clearly not fit for purpose.

I could be wrong, but I think what happened is that when the shit hit the fan, the Assembly essentially morphed into the RFFF with the key Assembly figures instantly sitting down at the RFFF table along with Sandy Jardine and other men from the Club.

Apart from the initial panic mode meetings to get the ball rolling with the RFFF, I don't think it's been particularly active and certainly not had much to do, so it's not really a worthy excuse for the disappearance of the Assembly.

Anyway, the bottom line is that a membership scheme is an excellent idea and in principal a lot of fans would get behind it, but there's some obstacles in the way and the Assembly is one of them by the sounds of it.

That's all just my opinion though and it might not be as big of an issue as I've been led to believe!

AFAIK, it's not that the Assembly as a whole has an issue with a membership scheme, it's that certain people involved with the Assembly continue to believe in the value of the Assembly as the fan's official umbrella group and direct link with the club.

The Assembly has seemed defunct for most of the past couple of years while the shit has been hitting the fan though, so it's clearly not fit for purpose.

I could be wrong, but I think what happened is that when the shit hit the fan, the Assembly essentially morphed into the RFFF with the key Assembly figures instantly sitting down at the RFFF table along with Sandy Jardine and other men from the Club.

Apart from the initial panic mode meetings to get the ball rolling with the RFFF, I don't think it's been particularly active and certainly not had much to do, so it's not really a worthy excuse for the disappearance of the Assembly.

Anyway, the bottom line is that a membership scheme is an excellent idea and in principal a lot of fans would get behind it, but there's some obstacles in the way and the Assembly is one of them by the sounds of it.

That's all just my opinion though and it might not be as big of an issue as I've been led to believe!

Cheers mate. It has certainly had a low profile recently, apart from joint statements.