http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/opinion/sport/gordon-waddell-rangers-accounts-talking-2275610?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

ANOTHER week, another glut of he said, she said statements, another cringeworthy

embarrassment for a once-proud club.

Tell you what. If Rangers ever do get round to holding an agm, the fans and shareholders who still care for their club need to turn it into a bloodbath.

A night of the long knives.

Anything short of that, anything other than a unified attempt at wholesale evictions from the vipers’ nest they call a boardroom, and they’re knackered forever.

In a perverse way, you have to admire those in there for their staying power.

Every time anyone appearing to possess even a modicum of decency and integrity tries to make it over the threshold, they get the buckets of boiling oil over the ramparts of the old red brick facade.

They could make a movie out of the attempts. A kind of Indiana Jones and The Blue Room of Doom.

Paul Murray trying to pass a series of challenges to make it up the marble staircase only for the old St Etienne racing bike to fly out of the trophy room and scythe him in half.

It’s no wonder guys like Frank Blin have had enough of trying.

The problem they face is that those in power are clearly only prepared to relinquish it if they’re paid to. They were only ever in it for what they could get out of it.

Which makes it laughable for Craig Mather to come out and say those wanting in are only in it for as little as a club tie and the seat in the directors’ box.

He also claims they have no vision, no plan and no money – a corset-bursting pots-and-kettles line from a board whose governance has sploshed away tens of millions to move them the square root of nowhere.

But when you’ve got skin thicker than a rhinoceros’ backside– and that skin is in the game – no one is going to embarrass you into doing the right thing.

McColl has said he won’t pay to be involved because he doesn’t think the people who have driven the club right back to the edge of a cliff deserve it. What Murray’s group wanted – maybe naively – was simply to shed the boardroom of its incompetence and run the club the right way.

Easier said than done, though. And the fact nominated advisers Strand Hanson refused to approve him for nomination to the board – yet appeared happy to see one or even both of the Easdale brothers in there – may have raised eyebrows.

But anyone who thinks board-appointed brokers won’t do what the people who appointed them want must be dreaming.

There’s also the matter of the club’s accounts to consider. As in what accounts?

Once again they’re left waiting and drumming their fingers for audited books. Once again the suspicion is the shareholders will be left with an unaudited set and to read between the lines and wonder.

Forgetting the fact that if they do keep going the way they are on the park, they could potentially qualify for Europe in 2015 – but they wouldn’t be allowed to play because they would fail the compliance test as UEFA demand three years of audited accounts.

Which shows you how big a rudderless ship they actually are.

As does their lack of leadership on the Ian Black scenario this week.

Any chairman or chief executive with a backbone would have emptied him out on to Edmiston Drive on a point of principle, irrespective of his manager’s bizarre show of faith. They were quick enough to hatchet Fran Sandaza for a far lesser offence when Charles Green was there, admittedly to get him off the wage bill.

But they’re so busy defending themselves they’re not bothering their backside to defend the club’s morality or integrity.

So there’s a choice to be made. For once, can they garner enough unity amongst the shareholders and fans at an agm to kybosh the re-election of the current board?

If anyone’s stupid enough to sit on their hands, they’ll be left with the club they deserve.

Your club, your choice.

I must say that this is absolutely SPOT-ON. Well done, CB :thup:

after whyte i would hope that fans would react very badly to any delay in the accounts.

thats a lesson we must learn.

The recent alteration of RIFC PLC's accounting year would suggest that the accounts will be early, not late though! Having said that, I'm still not sure which company they're going to focus the fan's attention on in terms of accounts. Holding company or subsidiary?

It's a mental argument. No doubt they'd be furious if we signed Jelavic again after all he's had his chance with us.

Plenty of people's philosophy in life is to never go back. I'm not especially keen on players and managers returning either, and yes i'm aware sometimes it does work.

It's not the sole reason for my objections but it explains (rightly or wrongly) why I don't view Paul Murray as total unknown quantity and why I'm not as keen to 'give him a chance' as I am most others.