Leggo: RFC investigated for fraud by Fiscal

Rangers are to get tough on those who use online avenues such as blogs and forums to spread slurs and propaganda designed to destabilise the club.

One prominent blogger has been left in no doubt of the resolve of the club to take legal action against unsubstantiated claims.. This has resulted in said blogger’s latest article being removed from his site.

I understand that other high-profile opponents of the Board may find that tolerance of their smear campaign has been stretched to breaking point.

My blog yesterday removing the “mystery” claimed by yet another agitating blogger over the shareholding and voting power of Sandy Easdale was verified by an announcement from the club .

It is becoming clearer by the day that the Easdales are the power to contend with at Ibrox. This power is firmly backed by investors who like the cut of Sandy Easdale’s gib and see in him the man to lead the club forward. My understanding is that the no-nonsense business approach of the Easdales has impressed even Walter Smith.

There was a lot of egg on a lot of faces yesterday when the official announcement was made over Sandy Easdale’s voting power. Many had mocked my claims but then went strangely silent when they were confirmed.

I am not saying this to crow but to highlight how sad it is that otherwise intelligent people take to mocking the message because they don’t like it or because they don’t like the messenger.

Sadder still is the mindset prevalent among far too many that agitating against the club they profess to love and spreading propaganda is the way to effect change.

Some of these are “bloggers” barely out of their teens who “blog” every six months if they are lucky but are mad keen to tell the world how the club should be run in 140 characters or less.

I have good news for these spotty young geniuses and others who like to dictate how Rangers fans should think and comport themselves.

Today I have an education for would-be spokesmen from someone who has supported Rangers for more than five minutes. It is a post from a regular on my Comments which merits inclusion on the blog proper. Here it is:

As a young boy my dad took me to Ibrox. I used to sit in the main stand down the front because on the morning of the game my mum used to make sandwiches for us at half-time along with a vacuum of soup (broth, home made). We used the shelf at the main stand as our table and enjoyed the whole atmosphere that was happening around us – me dressed from head to toe with my Rangers socks, Rangers trousers, Rangers jacket, Rangers scarf and Rangers hat.

Worse of all if we happened to get beat I used to go home from the game and go to my room crying. I was teased and tormented for doing that but that was how deeply Rangers got into my being, I’m still as fanatical to this day as I was then (though don’t go to bed crying today!) about my team. I remember the first time dad took me onto the terracing. Those the days when you could take a carry-out to the game and the bottle was passed round and then you had the “warm” feeling on your leg after someone had too much to drink! The camaraderie was fantastic and as I was still a young lad they let me down the front against the wall.

After that experience the main stand was forgotten about. My memories are still as fresh today – the only difference is my dear mum and dad are no longer with me but in a quiet moment I think back to those days with my beloved dad walking with me hand and hand along Copland Road and getting excited when at the end of the main stand we saw the Lion Rampant with AYE READY over it. We used to walk round the outside of the stadium on match days. My dad is my hero just for being MY dad; I miss him terribly and if he saw what was now happening to his club he would be just the same as we are at this moment.

These are my first memories and they are the ones I cherish the most just because of my DAD. Sorry for being a bit personal Bill but I’d love to read other fans FIRST memories of going to the games at Ibrox.

Mcmurdo

Yet more hagiographic Easedale fluff, unlikely to persuade anyone who isn't already on board.

Chris Graham and TRS (for it is they McMurdo is aiming at, after the dig at the more or less irrelevant Leggo) may not be everyone's cup of tea. But to suggest they don't actually love Rangers is pitiful. It's that kind of stupid jibe which makes anyone who is awake dismiss any meat which may been tucked away among the boot licking.

A Bee Gee's hit springs to mind when I read McMurdo.

This world has lost its glory

Let's start a brand new story

Now my love

You think that I don't even mean

A single word I say

It's only words

And words are all I have

To take your heart away

Talk in ever lasting words

And dedicate them all to me

And I will give you all my life

I'm hear if you should call to me