Barry Ferguson - Me and Le Guen and Pickled Onion Monster Munch

In my opinion BF did us a massive favour. PLG was a major flop at Ibrox and BF helped get rid! I know some especially on here will never agree but hey ho. I was delighted the day it was confirmed PLG was coming to manage us but I'm afraid it was an even better day the day I heard he had walked!

In my opinion BF did us a massive favour. PLG was a major flop at Ibrox and BF helped get rid! I know some especially on here will never agree but hey ho. I was delighted the day it was confirmed PLG was coming to manage us but I'm afraid it was an even better day the day I heard he had walked!

You are right I will never agree. PLG's problems started the day Barry Ferguson returned from injury. Up until then we were playing some great football. If PLG made a mistake then it was letting Ferguson back into the team.

You are right I will never agree. PLG's problems started the day Barry Ferguson returned from injury. Up until then we were playing some great football. If PLG made a mistake then it was letting Ferguson back into the team.

To be fair,your view of Barry Ferguson will never change,therefore anything you say about him be biased and will always be negative

Edited by ian1964

If PLG made a mistake then it was letting Ferguson back into the team.

If? :P

He made many and a lot of them were horrific.

Least he has the Ferguson excuse to hide all hs many failings.

The problem with PLG is that we (myself very much included) thought we were getting another Arsene Wenger. Instead we got an incompetent, unprepared and yellow bellied cheap copy.

To be fair,your view of Barry Ferguson will never change,therefore anything you say about him be biased and will always be negative

Biased and negative? Would these be wrong??

We could say some were biased towards him.

If you take Ferguson as a whole then he was a cracking but in different player. In his spell 1999-2003 he was brilliant, an absolute intergral part of the team. After that....it was all about him on occasions when it shouldn't have been....that alone says a lot. He ruined the team on many occasions.

There's absolutely no way the situation was as simple as this wee article makes out. Trying to suggest that such a complex situation with a whole series of events and unusual parameters boiled down to one dressing room tiff and a liking of monster munch is a fucking joke.

I've always thought PLG's biggest mistake when he came to Rangers was bringing in such a large staff of French. It was total overkill because they practically built a French colony at Murray Park with PLG, his assistants, coaches, medical and backroom staff. On top of that, he signed a whole bunch of French players to add to the ones already at the club and instantly created a large French contingent in the dressing rooms. After PLG left, between the January and Summer transfer windows Walter shipped out no fewer than NINE French players, which I think speaks volumes.

I think it's a truism that if you have more than three players from one nationality, you run the risk of splitting the team.