TRS - Journalist Trophy-Hunters Have Rangers in their Sights

Even from the vantage-point of this somewhat detached Celtic fan, Rangers officials sometimes appear to have a point when they occasionally complain about deep-seated hostility from sections of the media. A lot of fans believe there has been an attempt to drive them out of existence in the last few years with elements of the social media seeking to define public opinion on who is to blame for the misfortunes of the club.

http://www.therangersstandard.co.uk/index.php/articles/rfc-politics/290-journalist-trophy-hunters-have-rangers-in-their-sights

True enough, but

The malevolent reaction to the army’s presence at Ibrox on 29 September shows that if Scotland jettisons religious belief in favour of indifference, the social climate will not necessarily be more harmonious.

seems to point in one particular direction!

I read that as saying that if you remove religion as a source of conflict, you will still have conflict over other issues. In my opinion the divisions in West/Central Scotland are as much to do with national identity as anything else ie Irish v Scottish/British.

I enjoyed it, it's interesting to get the 'other guys' perspective sometimes. I'm not sure he's calling for more religion either, more pointing out the absurdity of some of the positions being taken up and his hope for the future.

An interesting article by Tom Gallagher but I think some of his viewpoints are very much in the minority of Celt*c supporters. He is absolutely correct in that attempts were made to put us out of business altogether last year. I keep saying to fellow Bears that these people haven't gone away & will continue to do everything they can to damage Rangers.We must be vigilant regarding these people almost all of whom are Celt*c-connected in one way or another - and not just mere supporters.

Gallagher seems to also give some sort of respectability to some of the most bitter Rangers-haters who make no effort to disguise that hatred that I am absolutely astonished they've escaped prosecution. Yet again maybe I shouldn't be as I have serious misgivings about the police & judicial service in scotland and some of the individuals within it.

No I think things changed forever between the two clubs the minute a certain Dr John Reid became their chairman. Anyone who's read my opinions on here will know my views on who it was who got HMRC to pursue Rangers over a fictitious tax bill & who got LBG to pressurise SDM into selling to whyte. Gallagher, if anything, avoids real issues in what I was say is generally a commendable blog