From SSN

Hibernian duo Scott Brown and Kevin Thomson have demanded showdown talks with chairman Rod Petrie over their futures.

Both players are unhappy that Hibs denied them the chance to win a move to England after they turned down a £3million bid from Charlton for the pair.

Thomson and Brown are both considering their futures at Easter Road after the club refused to discuss new improved deals for both players.

Brown, who saw a transfer request rejected last month, is now hoping to meet Petrie to discuss the situation.

"We've already made it clear we wanted to sign new contracts with Hibs and I'm disappointed Rod Petrie didn't agree to talk with us about that," Brown told the Daily Record.

"Now Charlton have come in with a great offer and he has knocked it back. I find that very hard to understand so it's time we put our cards on the table.

"We need to know exactly what Rod is looking for because there is a danger Hibs could be unreasonable here.

"When was the last time a Scottish player was sold for £3m? The only ones I can think of are Barry Ferguson and Duncan Ferguson.

"James McFadden was sold to Everton by Motherwell for £1.75m and he was already a Scottish international. So it's difficult to understand why Hibs will not accept an offer of £1.5m for each of us.

"They are not willing to give us new deals and yet they are not willing to accept that kind of money for us. It doesn't make any sense."

Brown admitted he would be interested in a move to Charlton with the Premiership club thought to be ready to make a renewed move for the two midfielders again in January.

"Of course Charlton interests me," added Brown. "Who wouldn't fancy playing in the Premiership and testing yourself against guys such as Thierry Henry?

Rangers have also been strongly linked with the pair and Brown admits he would be keen on talking to them if they firmed up their interest.

"There has been a lot of talk about Rangers but we'll just have to wait and see how serious they are," said Brown.

"I would relish the chance to talk to them but I suppose it all depends on how reasonable Mr Petrie is willing to be."

this is a rangers come and get me plea imo

I'm not really that excited about this story. I don't think they would really improve what we already have in midfield. Who would you drop for Brown, Clement or Ferguson? Who would you drop for Thomson, Burke or Adam?

We need a defender and a striker before more midfielders.

I'm not really that excited about this story. I don't think they would really improve what we already have in midfield. Who would you drop for Brown, Clement or Ferguson? Who would you drop for Thomson, Burke or Adam?

We need a defender and a striker before more midfielders.

IMO, if we got rid of Buffel and replace him with Brown it would be an excellent piece of business, although i still think we need a centre half,but as i said get rid of Buffel and bring in Brown, sounds good to me :thup:

IMO, if we got rid of Buffel and replace him with Brown it would be an excellent piece of business, although i still think we need a centre half,but as i said get rid of Buffel and bring in Brown, sounds good to me :thup:

I agree that we need to get rid of Buffel because he has contributed feck all this season and apart from a few moments of genius in last seasons campaign not much else throughout his entire time at Rangers. Plus he is one of the few bits of dead wood we could still get a decent transfer fee for. However I feel Brown is too similar to what we already have in midfield. Hemdani, Clement and Ferguson all can play the holding midfield role well. IMO if we are going to buy another midfielder it should be someone that can play attacking left midfield (perhaps Naismith)

Buffel is a luxury we can't afford at the moment and only seems to be able to turn it on for 20 or 30 minutes at a time. It sounds like we're Brown's preferred option, so I'd hope we would try to go for him although the only concern would be who drops out of the starting XI. What is Brown's preferred position anyway?

Two different positions, so not a direct replacement for each other. Brown is a holding midfielder ala Stuart Mcall, Gattuso et al and Adam is an attacking left sided midfielder.

I went to Easter Road for the 1st game of the season when Hibs played the Sheep (long story but basically wanted to get to an SPL game whilst home) and Brown played anything BUT the holding midfield role.

They played with 5 across the middle that day with Michael Stewart playing the holding role - Brown played right mid and attacking mid - held the ball up really well, pacy, held opponents off, good eye - I could go on.

But the one thing he WASN'T that day was holding mid.

I caveat this by saying that is the only time I have seen him play this season