Walter Smith insists Rangers need to get back to a situation where...

He was also surprised by the loss of £14m in the club's recent accounts.

"I knew they would make a loss but I wasn't quite sure just exactly what it would be so that was quite a surprise when it came out to be such a large figure," said Smith

That's the most revealing part of it. Stockbridge is obviously keeping back information from some of the other directors, including the Chairman.

Walter has made further comments to the press guys today it seems. Some quotes below. I'd imagine tabloids will have it too but it's front page of Herald Sport.

"They (Rangers) cannot continue being run in the manner they are. It can't be allowed to continue"

On protests - "As a manager you expect that's how fans will show their discontent. If you are a manager you expect that kind of thing. But it's the first time I can remember the board taking that kind of criticism. If you were a manager that would indicate you are having a struggle."

On Super's salary being in the accounts - "They were probably trying to make other aspects of the Rangers situation look less bad".