Well if you break the law that's what tends to happen STB. We can discuss whether it's a good law or not and if it warrants the time being put into it but it won't change a damn thing. It exists and is being applied, so best avoid songs about the UVF and Bobby Sands.

Indeed, especially since FoCUS got the following legal precedent in Court a couple of weeks ago. They will now be on a mission to use that precedent to get a spree of convictions.

Man sentenced to Football Banning Order - Dundee

Published 18 September 2013

A 37 year old man has received a three year football banning order and a £600 fine after being found guilty of offensive behaviour at Dundee Sheriff Court today Wednesday 18 September 2013.

On Saturday 4 November 2012, the 37 year old man from Glasgow was heard and seen singing an offensive song, the lyrics of which glorify individuals associated with proscribed terrorist organisations, during the Dundee United V Celtic game at Tannadice, Dundee.

Following retrospective investigations, he was arrested and reported to the Procurator Fiscal by officers from the national Football Co-ordination Unit Scotland in connection with contravention of Sec 1 (1) Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications Act 2012.

Superintendent Stephen McAllister, FoCUS, said:

“Today’s verdict proves that singing a song that glorifies those associated with proscribed terrorist organisations will not be tolerated. Indeed, any song which includes hateful, sectarian comments or supports terrorist organisations is unacceptable and officers will continue take the necessary action if they witness this type of behaviour at games.”

So folk can have street parties to celebrate the death of a former Prime Minister, but it's illegal to sing about the death of a terrorist scumbag who bombed British people?

We live in real fucked up country.

We, as you put it, voted the people in who allow this and who make these rules. Why not do something about it?

So folk can have street parties to celebrate the death of a former Prime Minister, but it's illegal to sing about the death of a terrorist scumbag who bombed British people?

I imagine if you dropped two words from it you'd be okay, but I'm no lawyer.

As an aside why do you want to sing about Bobby Sands? I've never understood why 'we' sing about him.

As an aside why do you want to sing about Bobby Sands? I've never understood why 'we' sing about him.

As it happens amms i don't sing about sands, he died trying to be a martyr and would probably enjoy it.

But I think people should be able to sing about him if they choose.

As it happens amms i don't sing about sands, he died trying to be a martyr and would probably enjoy it.

I don't think there is any trying about it, he achieved it.

The man's dead over 30 years, it makes no sense that song has lasted so long. I mean there's been no shortage of Irish republicans in the intervening years to sing about if that kind of thing rocks your boat.

Football fans, at a football match? What is the relevance and in what way will that rally our troops on the pitch?

You know what would push them over the edge?

Ibrox Brigade

Once I dreamt of Glasgow Rangers,

Oh I met my favourite team,

I stood alone, all on my own,

In Rangers' trophy room.

Silver cups and silver badges,

Tales of glory all around,

I walked the marble staircase then,

To view the famous ground.

Where Waddle, Gillick, Thornton shone,

With mighty Woodburn's aid.

Where Dawson, Greig and Young and Shaw,

Were the boys of the Ibrox brigade.

Where are they now, where are they now?

Oh for the Gers they played.

I hope like me, they always be,

The boys of the Ibrox brigade.

Where Millar, Brand and Wilson reigned,

When history was made.

Where Ritchie, Niven, Caldow were

... sung to the tune of Boys of the Old Brigade on the Rangers official MC Follow Follow - Glasgow Rangers (late-80s).