As it happens amms i don't sing about sands, he died trying to be a martyr and would probably enjoy it.

But I think people should be able to sing about him if they choose.

Should they be able to sing it very loudly outside your house at 3 am?

Plenty of room between 'a rifle & a pistol in my hand' to 'Koombayah my Lord'. That's a false argument.

As an Atheist and Secularist I find songs about a mythical sky fairy offensive. It's 2013 for goodness sake.

You see? the same argument could be made against ANY song, some group somewhere and most likely Celtic fans will lobby and complain until it too gets rolled up in Jackboot Salmond's Offensive Behaviour Bill.

I vehemently oppose the Loyalist and Monarchist stuff from our our support but I would defend their right to express themselves (albeit poorly) with my dying breath.

As an Atheist and Secularist I find songs about a mythical sky fairy offensive. It's 2013 for goodness sake.

You see? the same argument could be made against ANY song, some group somewhere and most likely Celtic fans will lobby and complain until it too gets rolled up in Jackboot Salmond's Offensive Behaviour Bill.

I vehemently oppose the Loyalist and Monarchist stuff from our our support but I would defend their right to express themselves (albeit poorly) with my dying breath.

You've lost me there, mate. I'm saying we don't have to be cuddly just because we should drop a couple of songs. I don't know where you're coming from with that reply, sorry!

With your dying breath, really? Is it really so difficult to accept that fashions, sensibilities, tastes and tolerances change and evolve over time. What was acceptable once can become unacceptable through time. Would you defend the singing of say the Horst Wessel song with your dying breath? What about some of the songs recorded by Johnny Rebel as recently as the 1960s? They are two examples of songs that were acceptable, enjoyed and sung by many once. But not so much today because times change. I mean if you're really looking for an example of this look at Marching Through Georgia, the song the 'Billy Boys' derives from. The sentiment is fine but the words are now unacceptable.

If people feel so strongly about this then make up new songs, new expressions of their culture. Culture shouldn't be stuck in the past, it should progress. Drop the old songs and create new ones, ones that don't break the law. this shouldn't be beyond the wit of the people who want to sing them.

Of course the police have an agenda against anyone they the believe to be breaking the law.

You seriously believe that the police, press and politicians treat the songs that Rangers fans sing in the same way as similar songs that Celtic fans sing?

You believe that treat the use of the H word in the same way as they do the F word?

Well if you break the law that's what tends to happen STB. We can discuss whether it's a good law or not and if it warrants the time being put into it but it won't change a damn thing. It exists and is being applied, so best avoid songs about the UVF and Bobby Sands.

I'd argue that it's not being applied consistently. When a law (good or bad) is only applied to one section of the community, it's never going to work properly.