I'd argue that it's not being applied consistently. When a law (good or bad) is only applied to one section of the community, it's never going to work properly.

There does seem to be some evidence of that. I still think it's fairly clear what songs should be avoided though.

FF:

One of the boys, a minor, was told it was for three cheers for the red, white and blue. Plod says they have video evidence, going not guilty as far as I know.

Quite why this song requires bastardising with the UVF reference is beyond me.

Serious question. Why does the singing of the YCV fall foul of the Act? Are they linked to a terrorist organisation?

They seemed to have a connection with the UVF and appeared on Belfast UVF gable end murals with regularity when I lived there. But who they actually are is a mystery to me.

They seemed to have a connection with the UVF and appeared on Belfast UVF gable end murals with regularity when I lived there. But who they actually are is a mystery to me.

Thanks. Found this on Wiki:

"Its name would later be resurrected by the YCV youth movement attached to the 1966 Ulster Volunteer Force "

which I guess is the link.

Since the bill talks about glorifying terrorists & terrorist acts, will it not be the rifle & pistol references they are getting antsy about?

I was driving home this morning with Tom Russell on the radio, and there was Rod Stewart doing probably the most sexist and misogynist song of all time, Stay With Me by The Faces. I expect Focus will lift the old git the next time he plays that number in Scotland.

I could write a 10,000 word article on why these rules are not being used fairly or sensibly...but in the end, if we just used our collective loaf we would be able to have a sing song at the game without fear of being lifted.

ps: fwiw there used to be a flute band called the Young Calvary Volunteers, I assume the initials mean the same thing.

Since the bill talks about glorifying terrorists & terrorist acts, will it not be the rifle & pistol references they are getting antsy about?

I was driving home this morning with Tom Russell on the radio, and there was Rod Stewart doing probably the most sexist and misogynist song of all time, Stay With Me by The Faces. I expect Focus will lift the old git the next time he plays that number in Scotland.

I could write a 10,000 word article on why these rules are not being used fairly or sensibly...but in the end, if we just used our collective loaf we would be able to have a sing song at the game without fear of being lifted.

ps: fwiw there used to be a flute band called the Young Calvary Volunteers, I assume the initials mean the same thing.

Is it not the Young Citizens Volunteers or something like that? From what I read it was originally set up round about the time of the first world war and had Protestants and Catholics in it