Director Ian Hart resigns

From the LSE:

The Company today announces that Ian Hart, Non-Executive Director, has resigned from the board in order to pursue the charitable work in which he is involved more actively.

Craig Mather, Chief Executive Officer, commented: "it is with sadness that we see Ian depart from the board and we would like to thank him for his valuable contribution over the past year. Ian remains a huge fan of the Club and we wish him the best of success in future."

Couple of points following last nights news. I am told that the board turned against Ian due to his continuing arguing for the removal of McCoist as manager and in addition , there is also concern of the details of his acquisition of shares in the club. I suspect that the Mather led board( or should that be Easdales?) feel ditching him before the AGM is one of a number of sacrifices they are prepared to make if it saves their own positions.

Couple of points following last nights news. I am told that the board turned against Ian due to his continuing arguing for the removal of McCoist as manager and in addition , there is also concern of the details of his acquisition of shares in the club. I suspect that the Mather led board( or should that be Easdales?) feel ditching him before the AGM is one of a number of sacrifices they are prepared to make if it saves their own positions.

Hart is very low profile so I doubt that him going will save their own positions. He also appeared to be supportive of the "anti-Walter" faction on the board (for lack of a better term) and therefore I don't really see it as strengthening Mather and Stockbridge's position.

However I'm not sure where the Easdales are coming from on this.

Hart is very low profile so I doubt that him going will save their own positions. He also appeared to be supportive of the "anti-Walter" faction on the board (for lack of a better term) and therefore I don't really see it as strengthening Mather and Stockbridge's position.

However I'm not sure where the Easdales are coming from on this.

They're all singing the theme tune to The Italian Job.

Mather's probably toast no matter which way the hammer falls at the AGM.

Interesting post on FF. There's also a suggestion that Hart is being investigated for the way that he received shares from Green. I have no idea as to the veracity of either of these issues.

That's only partially true. Hart was asked by green to fund the attempt to get a cva through that the company wouldn't be liquidated. He was told and believed it would go through. He paid 500k to enable this and in less than 7 days list every penny as it was refused.

He was given the shares as he was legally able to take his 250k from youth development before the liquidation but this would have prevented the youths from continuing at least short term but also the would have been unlikely to fulfill fixtures and would have had problems as a result of this.

His involvement to date has cost him over 500k personally. On the subject of Walter and ally surely the man is entitled to disagree and hold opposing opinion.

From what I can gather he was opposed to ally getting 850k salary ink west league and with no more qualifications than many many others. Coupled with the continued early cup exits I think he had reason to at least ask questions.

I know Ian personally. Not in any close way but know him well enough to know that he has had his impeccable reputation damaged. If more rangers men had at least made the effort he did perhaps we would be in much better shape. He was left swimming in a pool of sharks and ill bet he's relieved to be out.

Interesting post on FF. There's also a suggestion that Hart is being investigated for the way that he received shares from Green. I have no idea as to the veracity of either of these issues.

Yes in regards to BDO investigating the circumstances regarding Ian Hart's initial shareholding, that is correct and it was an open secret so to speak.