DJ pretty much saying Peralta is "diving"

He's not exactly a tall and heavy fellow either, so the Scottish "hammer throwers" can brush him aside with ease.

That said, I'm not exactly a friend of "too much rolling about and looking like pole-axed, only to jump up again and haring down the wing 30 secs later". I would assume that our players will tell him that.

he's not tall but he is pretty solid looking in the flesh.

I've seen him make the most of two or three challenges and while that's common-place, his reaction on occasion has been OTT which only brings attention to him.

He'll need to be a bit cleverer in the land of Lunny.

I'm not sure where I stand on diving. Having had a fairly typical West of Scotland childhood where wearing a t-shirt under your football top whilst playing under 10s in January saw you dropped from the side for not being manly enough I always viewed diving as God's way of showing that Britons were indeed superior to most other races, particularly continental Europeans (superiority to South and central Americans was already a given obviously).

However I watched a documentary on Jurgen Klinsman that altered my view somewhat. He was at Inter Milan then, before his Spurs period where he singlehandedly rehabilitated Germany in the UK, so at this point he was still one the most loathsome footballers on the planet. His 'diving' was legendary, he was basically a cheat in the eyes of all of us on this sceptered isle. What I'd never thought about before was the basic assaults Klinsman suffered from Italian defenders the second he walked onto the pitch,he was subjected to brutality from some of the finest practitioners of this dark art. His 'diving' simply helped nullify the brutal 'cheating' he was being subjected too.

I imagine Peralta comes from a similar culture. South and Central American defending owes much to the Italian school, he'll need to adapt to 'our ways' eventually however 'diving' should be viewed as a much lesser crime than say pulling a shirt, obstructing a run, leaving the boot in or arriving a fraction late on purpose.

Making the most of innocuous challenges is as much a part of the game as trying to surreptitiously foul a player. Neither are particularly palatable but the chances of either being stamped out are pretty low unless more officials and 'in-situ' video evidence are used.

Of course, there's a subtle difference between going down under slight contact to win a strategic set-piece to rolling five times after no contact to get a player sent-off. Does this mean there's a gamesmanship/cheating scale? Probably but what's good for the goose...

Ha ... maybe he's ordered to keep doing it to deflect media and referee attention away from Ian Black?* He came here with a load of baggage and was targetted by opposition players, referees and fans alike. This season, we see the footballer in Black (and one could argue that he is any less aggressive in his style of play).

* Just in case, this was written with tongue in cheek ...

His histrionics are ridiculous.

He is quite happy to throw himself into fairly clumsy challenges only to complain when a foul is given against him but someone even looks at him sideways he rolls in the ground like he's trying to put a fire out on his back.

I think there is a player in Peralta but only if he concentrates on playing rather than play-acting.