Guest Belt & Braces

I mean this as no slight on your article D' as you have clearly put time and effort into it which is appreciated, but in general, I'm finding that a lot of bloggers are repackaging the same product. I have noted the increase in dramatic language being used in the titles and articles which gives them a fresh sheen, however they seldom bring forward anything we didn't already know.

You're troubled by the dignified silence and ask what is so dignified about ignoring lies ?

With the club in the state its in I'd hope we have better things to do than keep the lights on at the newspaper print office. By playing ball with these liars we waste valuable time. You need to remember that these lies only appeal to those with agendas and not those with above average intelligence.

Being goaded by the Scottish media in its many forms is like being goaded by your Aunties Chiwawa, it is nothing to worry about, not unless you have some kind of insecurity or agenda yourself.

Good article though and a sound recap.

As has been shown over these past couple of years we ignore the power of the mhedia in this country at our peril. It seems some of the reptiles employed in it can say whatever they like about Rangers regardless of whether factually correct or not. And as the old saying goes that a lie repeated often becomes a truth (certainly amongst our enemies at least)

There have been many examples: we owed £134m (or whatever it was) as we'd lost the BTC, we cheated thro' the use of EBT's, etc, etc. I do not think we can simply ignore these lies as I previously stated. It is the duty of the CEO & others to confront these liars at every opportunity and seek legal action if necessary

I mean this as no slight on your article D' as you have clearly put time and effort into it which is appreciated, but in general, I'm finding that a lot of bloggers are repackaging the same product. I have noted the increase in dramatic language being used in the titles and articles which gives them a fresh sheen, however they seldom bring forward anything we didn't already know.

You're troubled by the dignified silence and ask what is so dignified about ignoring lies ?

With the club in the state its in I'd hope we have better things to do than keep the lights on at the newspaper print office. By playing ball with these liars we waste valuable time. You need to remember that these lies only appeal to those with agendas and not those with above average intelligence.

Being goaded by the Scottish media in its many forms is like being goaded by your Aunties Chiwawa, it is nothing to worry about, not unless you have some kind of insecurity or agenda yourself.

Good article though and a sound recap.

Im yet to see any of my fellow bloggers discuss Allport or even place our circumstances into his framework B&B

I think the difference between the approach taken by other bloggers and that taken by D'art in this article is the attempt to look for an explanation for the hostility shown towards us.

The level of antipathy, at best and hatred at worst, that was exhibited towards us by many in scottish football was so extraordinary that it merits a deeper examination. This hatred may have been fostered and instigated by the sellik-minded, but its manifestation was by supporters of other clubs as well, from Hearts to Motherwell to you name it.

There has to be a reason why our misfortune at being delivered into the hands of a criminal and subsequent plight was met with almost universal glee, whereas other clubs whose non-criminal owners have mismanaged their affairs to the extent that they are forced into admin or liquidation are met with universal sympathy. D'arts referencing of Allport is a good start at looking at why this is the case.

I must admit that I had indeed heard of Allport's scale before, but had viewed it as something of historical relevance to the way in which the Jews were treated by the Nazis or the treatment of black South Africans under Apartheid or of Palestinians by Israel today - but I had never considered that it applied to me.

But guess what? It does.

There is, beyond any reasonable doubt, a body of people at work whose aim is the destruction of Rangers FC and part of that process is the toxification of the brand and the denigrationa and dehumanisation of those who support that brand. Dart's piece has helped to articulate what they are doing and how they are doing it.

He has shown that these attacks are not only something which exist only in our imaginations, but rather that there is a template for this behaviour and, like most pathologies, it adheres to predictable, and even quantifiable, patterns, and further that each attack on our club was not a random or isolated event, but something which formed part of a much larger picture.

His article was extremely valuable as far as it went, which was to lay the groundwork for understanding and articulating what is happening to us.

The next stage in the process of enlightenment is to examine who these people are, why they are doing it and why they are being allowed to get away with it.

This is trickier however, as we leave the realm of sociology and can quickly enter the realm of liable lawyers if we're not careful.