He is a managing director of ENIC International Ltd an investment company, sports, entertainment and media group. Levy replaced Lord Alan Sugar as chairman of Tottenham in February 2001 after ENIC bought a controlling stake in the club. ENIC is controlled by Joseph Lewis. Levy was formerly a director of the Scottish football club Rangers, in which ENIC held a significant stake.[1] ENIC has also in the past held stakes in other European football clubs including AEK Athens, Slavia Prague and Vicenza as well as non-football companies such as Warner Bros and Autonomy.

I hope so, but he didn't come across as too bright when he got shafted by SDM. Hopefully once bitten, but I hope he's not lining himself up for another fall.

I always thought King would not come back unless he had full control, I thought I had read that in the past.

Has he now been taken in by Mather/Stockbridge, or has he a cunning plan, I sincerely hope it is the latter.

You may be a very astute businessman, but we all know how it goes when it comes to football clubs.

I hope it doesn't come down to King being on there 'saving' the majority of the present Board, and six weeks later he walks out because they will not back him.

king as chairman and the 4 requisitioners on the board and the day is won.

What gives you reason to think that King is agreeing to/with the 4 requisitioners? What post would e.g. Malcolm Murray aspire to if King comes in as chairman?

IMHO, and seeing him as a rather active man, King is neck-deep into business stuff anyway, so he can easily look over the current CEOs and financial chap's shoulder for the time being. The names proposed by the requsitioners do not exactly fill me with great confidence. You would hope that once he gets into position, someone like Blin can be pursuaded back into contention.

I always thought King would not come back unless he had full control, I thought I had read that in the past.

He actually said in the past that having full control didn't really interest him. He said he would only come back if he was in a position to help the Club. He would categorically NOT come back if there was the remotest chance he was lining someone else's pockets.

Has he now been taken in by Mather/Stockbridge, or has he a cunning plan, I sincerely hope it is the latter.

No chance whatsoever that he will have been 'taken in' by anyone. These guys are amateurs in comparison and they will know it. Investors also know it, which is why Mather sees him as a tremendous acquisition.

You may be a very astute businessman, but we all know how it goes when it comes to football clubs.

I hope it doesn't come down to King being on there 'saving' the majority of the present Board, and six weeks later he walks out because they will not back him.

Unlike many others King 'doesn't do walking away'. After Whyte (I hate even typing that name) got rid of everyone else look at the job he had trying to get rid of the last man standing i.e. Dave King. King stayed for the fight but ran out of munitions.

What gives you reason to think that King is agreeing to/with the 4 requisitioners? What post would e.g. Malcolm Murray aspire to if King comes in as chairman?

IMHO, and seeing him as a rather active man, King is neck-deep into business stuff anyway, so he can easily look over the current CEOs and financial chap's shoulder for the time being. The names proposed by the requsitioners do not exactly fill me with great confidence. You would hope that once he gets into position, someone like Blin can be pursuaded back into contention.

The nanes proposed are all very successful business men and rangers fans.

It was more a hope than a prediction.

Bitter Shug Keevins spews his pish again

CAN you imagine what public reaction would be like if the SFA decided Dave King didn’t pass the fit and proper person test to take control of Rangers?

The fertile side of my imagination tells me troops would be deployed on the streets and we’d all be living under martial law.

Or, what if the man who would be King at Ibrox was to be given the good housekeeping seal of approval courtesy of a deciding vote cast by Peter Lawwell, Celtic’s chief executive and member of the full SFA Board?

Would the fundamentalists be organising a boycott of Celtic’s matches in protest over a decision that might possibly deny them their cherished aim of seeing Rangers go out of business altogether?

And how, if the result went their way, could the conspiracy theorists on the other side of the fence come to terms with the realisation that the game’s governing body wasn’t solely dedicated, as they believe, to the continuation of their club’s misery?

Our already demented parish might be about to undergo a humorous episode that will be pure comedy gold for those of us who marvel at the distorted thought processes of the ones out there who would make you lose the will to live.

The Celtic supporters have believed the SFA was corrupt ever since the decision was taken to withhold Jorge Cadete’s registration until after a Scottish Cup semi-final tie against Rangers had been played and lost.

It was undeniably improper conduct and it caused a man, Jim Farry, who has since passed away, his job after legal advice was that any other course of action was impossible.

But now Lawwell’s an integral part of what the fans believed was a closed shop and Peter will take his decision on King, should the SFA be asked to adjudicate on him, based on the evidence placed in front of him.

Claims of tax avoidance will be brought up, and the payment of King’s dues to the South African government used in mitigation.

Being part of a previously unsuccessful regime at Ibrox will be used in evidence against him, and the fact King baled out at the point of administration could be his way round the ruling that five years should elapse before he gets another shot on the swings.

All of this is based on the assumption that King can be satisfied it’s worth his while going back to Ibrox to invest even more money.

But Rangers chief executive Craig Mather’s decision to jet off to Johannesburg last week and apparently throw himself at King’s mercy might tempt the casual observer to conclude that the institutional investors in the club have isolated Dave as Rangers’ last chance to avoid something

serious.

The excitable element among the Celtic support will be watching developments with interest in any case.

They don’t believe the old Rangers exist any more and they’ll tell you the only thing they’re interested in is the Champions League.

But they’re as obsessed with what goes on at Ibrox as the Rangers fans are fascinated with every move Celtic make. The rest of us get our kicks from listening to all of them denying that’s the case.

Anyway, this Rangers lark’s perfectly straightforward. Dave’s a Rangers man and that means he’s automatically going to save the club, apparently.

Except Dave might first of all lay down a precondition that other Rangers men on the board have to leave before he becomes the club’s saviour.

And while we’re on the subject of confusion, wasn’t Dave a Rangers man when the club descended into administration last time?

Transparency. That’s what this whole business needs and lacks. Except transparency can come back and bite you on the backside unless you’re careful.

Ally McCoist wanted transparency when Rangers had a transfer embargo imposed on them and the manager publicly demanded to know who had arrived at that ruling.

Which is why he couldn’t criticise the decision to publish details of his salary in the latest set of transparent accounts at Ibrox.

Transparency works both ways.