http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/5288-chief-executive-steps-down

CRAIG MATHER has today left his position as Chief Executive of Rangers International Football Club Plc by mutual consent.

Mr Mather has agreed to stand down in an attempt to help calm speculation over the governance and executive management of Rangers.

Mr Mather said: “The interests of the Club are of paramount importance and I believe these are best served by me leaving the Club.

“Despite recent events and speculation, the facts of the matter are that the Club is financially secure and in a far better place than it was a year ago.

“Unlike most football clubs Rangers has money in the bank, no borrowings and this season we have assembled a squad which is capable of progressing through the leagues.

“I have enjoyed a very constructive relationship with Ally McCoist and wish him and the team every success.

“My short tenure as chief executive has been beset by incessant attempts to destabilise the operations of the Club, all done supposedly in the interests of Rangers.

“I had real faith in the rebuilding of Rangers and invested significantly in the Club. Sadly, those who have been most active in upsetting the very good progress we have been making were not willing to do the same.

“I leave with my head held high and will remain as a shareholder and a supporter of Ally and his team.

“I would also like to pay tribute to the outstanding commitment and loyalty of Rangers supporters.

“No individual is more important than Rangers and my departure will hopefully alleviate some of the pressure surrounding the Club and herald an end to the current hysteria, which I believe most fans desperately want to see.

“I have always tried to do my best for the Club and the fans and I will continue my support of what is a fantastic Club.

“There are a great many good and thoroughly decent people working with Rangers and I am proud to say that I was able to stand alongside them for a time.

“It is often forgotten that I put in £1m of my own money but I can assure everyone that it was never about the money for me.

“I consider it to have been my privilege and I am certain that once the Board is settled Rangers will be restored to the top of Scottish football.

“I wish Rangers and the fans every success in the weeks, months and years ahead. I will continue to follow the Club’s fortunes and support the team which is playing an exciting style of football. In fact, I hope to return to Ibrox and take in as many matches as my time will allow.”

Paul Murray can still fuck off.

Sad to see that the minority groups are still some how getting their way by using scare tactics.

This is a man that was endorsed by a good few people that he was doing a good job and as said had put his own money in.

Sad to see that the minority groups are still some how getting their way by using scare tactics.

This is a man that was endorsed by a good few people that he was doing a good job and as said had put his own money in.

I can't see how anyone who felt they have a majority backing (both from shareholders, fellow directors and the support) would feel it suitable to resign just because a supposedly small number of 'rebels' were criticising them.

The fact of the matter is, £1m investment or not, Craig Mather was never the kind of long term, credible CEO our club needs and his performance lately has shown that.

The shareholders supporting the proposed new Directors have put in a lot more money that Mather. The fact that the Board fought so hard to avoid an election and with Mather now resigning strongly suggests that the Board are the minority

Endorsed by who? Walter, who in the same statement also supported his removal? Who else?

The recent statements, both by the club and by Mather, have been dreadful and suggest that he is not up to the job. The fact that he invested in the club is irrelevant as to whether he is doing a good job as CEO.

Hopefully the club can recruit a strong CEO as replacement.

Mather's a weak man patently unfit for the job.