And now we are onto the next stage , elite over world class , or should we not be classing the elite as being world class and the rest very very going lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Yeh could get messy now :-)

I think a "world class" player could be described as someone who could perform for any team, in any league, anywhere in the world.

How often have we seen players play outstanding football only to earn a high-value transfer to Spain/Germany/Italy/England and completely fail to produce the goods??? Yet others move from one club to another, leaving a legacy of legendary proportions behind them.....

Guest Dummiesoot

For me goram, cooper are the scottish players I would say were world class. To me The Goalie was for a time the best in the world and at other times certainly the equal of Schmeichel.

Widening the pool to include all Scots, Gordon Smith - not our one, the Hibbee - and Denis Law.

Wee jinky wisnae nor wee Wullie.

Of those who wore the hoops probably only KD (after he'd gone to L'pool) and Larsson. Sorry. Forgot he was Irish.

Cooper, without question.

And I honestly believed if the Scottish game had not crippled him, Durrant would have been one of the players of the 90's.

I doubt he'd have been in a blue shirt. Probably at Man U or Bayern Munich, I should think (or Arsenal when Wnger took over! How he woudl have shone in one of Arsene's teams). BT Sports carry the Bundesliga and they have a wad of players who do just what Durrant did, making the runs from midfield into the box and scoring. But he was so good at it! Ghosting forward, either foot really...when you watch a Marko Marin, or a Shurrle, they're not any better than Durrant was when he was assaulted.

The great lost Scottish player, I think, and the only one of two who would be called World Class.

Guest Dummiesoot

Andy I remember watching Durrant when he first broke through he was phenomenal and was so cool under pressure... that Durrant was a great loss to the Scottish game.

For me goram, cooper are the scottish players I would say were world class. To me The Goalie was for a time the best in the world and at other times certainly the equal of Schmeichel.

His shot stopping was the equal of Schmeichel, for sure but he didn't command the box nearly as well and his positioning was sometimes open to question. For me, Schmeichel is about the best I've ever seen and a level above Goram